Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JohnnyHopkins

Aug 13, 2019
Whenever people ask me who I would rather root for between Hok and Neb, I always go Neb for one reason. Their fans (although insane) are much more critical of their coaches and players.

How fans will always spin things into a moral victory. Anytime they get their butt beat, "We will grow from this." Anytime they miss on a recruit, "We didn't want him anyway." Even when there is racism in their program, they try to spin it to make Kirk look like a leader in the movement when he is responsible for it.

Y'all have fun being on your knees and don't forget to wipe your lips when your done.
Riiiiighht.. It has nothing to do with us beating you every year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Riiiiighht.. It has nothing to do with us beating you every year.
Again, the hatred for Iowa has always been there because, well, you're our rival. I'm sure the fact you guys are on a nice win streak doesn't help with that.

There is now actual validity to the hatred with these allegations and the current investigation. That hatred is also amplified due to a very vocal portion of your fanbase that has done nothing but deflect, shift blame, use whataboutisms, deny, and even completely spin the narrative entirely from having a racist culture to becoming the "stepping stone to defeat racism". It's a pretty gross narrative used by a lot of fans and is shaped by the Iowa media.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah but he knew what was going on and did nothing. Black or white that's just awful
We don't know some of these assistant's situations though. Trying to blame him is similar to trying to blame a player, or a trainer, or a manager. Coming out publicly before the time we're currently in could've been career suicide if Kirk wanted it to be.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Again, the hatred for Iowa has always been there because, well, you're our rival. I'm sure the fact you guys are on a nice win streak doesn't help with that.

There is now actual validity to the hatred with these allegations and the current investigation. That hatred is also amplified due to a very vocal portion of your fanbase that has done nothing but deflect, shift blame, use whataboutisms, deny, and even completely spin the narrative entirely from having a racist culture to becoming the "stepping stone to defeat racism". It's a pretty gross narrative used by a lot of fans and is shaped by the Iowa media.

Things are moving forward and the program will be in a stronger, better place. Seems like former and current players believe in what's happening so far, as do the recruits who haven't cut ties as well as those who continue to verbal. Those are the only ones whose opinions matter.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Things are moving forward and the program will be in a stronger, better place. Seems like former and current players believe in what's happening so far, as do the recruits who haven't cut ties as well as those who continue to verbal. Those are the only ones whose opinions matter.
I'm in no way arguing against the current player's views, nor their commitment to the program.

I'm talking about the vocal fans that from day one have been trying to downplay everything. I'm talking about the media that tried getting out immediately in front of this story to try and shape the narrative as well as only ask the tough questions to Barta (who deserved them), but didn't ask them to Kirk.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm in no way arguing against the current player's views, nor their commitment to the program.

I'm talking about the vocal fans that from day one have been trying to downplay everything. I'm talking about the media that tried getting out immediately in front of this story to try and shape the narrative as well as only ask the tough questions to Barta (who deserved them), but didn't ask them to Kirk.

So basically, the ones who you think are full of sh*t 100% of the time. Why on earth would you expect them to not be full of sh*t with this?

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Yeah but he knew what was going on and did nothing. Black or white that's just awful
So why arent you calling Woods, Bell Copeland, etc racist? If racism was as prevalent and well known as you make it out to be, they are just as guilty as Kirk of allowing it and not saying anything. Doyle was definitely insensitive and in appropriate at times over the last 21 years. Did he walk in the facility ever day and make racist or insensitive statements, no. You have 50 + players saying they heard experienced or witnessed things that they perceived as racially insensitive. None of the players are calling Kirk racist but CyTwins is, to no surprise.

I know ISU fans want this to be damaging to Iowa and some of you are definitely jumping to conclusions. I think it's pretty telling that 99% of these players appear to be content to trust Kirk to lead them through this. Players arent transferring out and guys are still committing because they are comfortable with the coaches that are still there.

Iowa will get past this and see positive change. Lavar Woods is not a guy that would sit silently by, if he witnessed obvious racism. I'm not minimizing the situation because it is serious and needs to be addressed, but I don't think there is nearly the turmoil within the program that CyTwins and others are hoping for.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So why arent you calling Woods, Bell Copeland, etc racist? If racism was as prevalent and well known as you make it out to be, they are just as guilty as Kirk of allowing it and not saying anything. Doyle was definitely insensitive and in appropriate at times over the last 21 years. Did he walk in the facility ever day and make racist or insensitive statements, no. You have 50 + players saying they heard experienced or witnessed things that they perceived as racially insensitive. None of the players are calling Kirk racist but CyTwins is, to no surprise.

I know ISU fans want this to be damaging to Iowa and some of you are definitely jumping to conclusions. I think it's pretty telling that 99% of these players appear to be content to trust Kirk to lead them through this. Players arent transferring out and guys are still committing because they are comfortable with the coaches that are still there.

Iowa will get past this and see positive change. Lavar Woods is not a guy that would sit silently by, if he witnessed obvious racism. I'm not minimizing the situation because it is serious and needs to be addressed, but I don't think there is nearly the turmoil within the program that CyTwins and others are hoping for.
We will really never know.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Yeah @Statefan10 isn't wrong. There are plenty of idiot Iowa fans with their heads in the sand who just want to downplay and sweep things under the rug. There are also ISU fans who are actually hoping for racism in Iowa City, because it'll hurt the program. Equally pathetic.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So why arent you calling Woods, Bell Copeland, etc racist?
If they're not part of the S&C staff or have the last name Ferentz why would I call them racist? Brian and Kirk and then the guys in the strength room are the ones being called out as being racist. If the three listed were called out I must have missed it

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
can't forget the made up bandgate incident from last year or the Iowa fan breaking into their lockers and some how ISU is a bunch of thieves now either, or the not paying contractors for their ever so loved "tradition".......

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Yeah @Statefan10 isn't wrong. There are plenty of idiot Iowa fans with their heads in the sand who just want to downplay and sweep things under the rug. There are also ISU fans who are actually hoping for racism in Iowa City, because it'll hurt the program. Equally pathetic.
I wanted to say this but held back. Some are literally hoping for racism to help their team.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
If they're not part of the S&C staff or have the last name Ferentz why would I call them racist? Brian and Kirk and then the guys in the strength room are the ones being called out as being racist. If the three listed were called out I must have missed it
It's systemic but only a few coaches know about it? You're a pathetic instigator.