Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you guys think some team led by an Oregon State decommit that could barely beat out an FCS kid is going to be good have at it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Then why have you been claiming for so long that Harbaugh offered Goodson?

I said I assume he was offered a preferred walk on opportunity. I don't know that for sure. The only thing I know for sure is that he wasn't offered a scholarship from Michigan so I'm confused with what you're trying to get at

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I said I assume he was offered a preferred walk on opportunity. I don't know that for sure. The only thing I know for sure is that he wasn't offered a scholarship from Michigan so I'm confused with what you're trying to get at

But you are sticking with the story that Harbaugh visited Goodson to try to flip another Georgia player, and not to try to flip Goodson?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

If you don't know if he got a walk-on offer, how do you know he didn't get a scholarship offer? Also how do you know he did an in home visit with Goodson to recruit some other Georgia kid?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
But you are sticking with the story that Harbaugh visited Goodson to try to flip another Georgia player, and not to try to flip Goodson?

You realize this happens all the time right? Iowa and Iowa State both visited the West Des Moines Valley kid right before he signed. He didn't have a scholarship offer. If you want to call that trying to "flip" someone have at it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you don't know if he got a walk-on offer, how do you know he didn't get a scholarship offer? Also how do you know he did an in home visit with Goodson to recruit some other Georgia kid?

If he had an offer it would have been reported. I know for a fact Iowa State didn't offer the West Des Moines Valley kid

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
If he had an offer it would have been reported. I know for a fact Iowa State didn't offer the West Des Moines Valley kid

You claim Newell had an Iowa offer without Newell ever reporting it. He actually in fact confirmed he didn't have an Iowa offer.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You claim Newell had an Iowa offer without Newell ever reporting it. He actually in fact confirmed he didn't have an Iowa offer.

247 reported it. There is literally nothing saying Goodson had a scholarship offer from Michigan. You're really struggling here

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
For the record, I don't think Goodson got a formal offer from Michigan. I think Michigan was interested and decided to kick the tires to even see if an offer was worth it or not. If Goodson would have reciprocated that interest, then I think Michigan would have offered. Not really sure what the difference is.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Even you have to see how he at least has a reputable recruiting service on his side on the Newell thing. While you guys are using a social media post from his mom that doesn’t even say he received an offer.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Even you have to see how he at least has a reputable recruiting service on his side on the Newell thing. While you guys are using a social media post from his mom that doesn’t even say he received an offer.

We actually have Newell and Hallstat both saying he didn't have an Iowa offer. I'm pretty sure Newell would know more about his offers than a 247 site.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
247 reported it. There is literally nothing saying Goodson had a scholarship offer from Michigan. You're really struggling here

A reporter for 247 reported Newell didn't have an offer. Newell never claimed to have an Iowa offer. You are confusing a mistake on a website as an offer.