Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah BUT, that's not what he said though. He specifically said, "He was at the top of our depth chart."
It's however anyone wants to spin the narrative. Some will say that he could've / would've started at the 3rd WR position, which doesn't get used a lot in Michigans offense. Some may also he was a starter. Neither are wrong. Saying that he was a stud WR or the best WR at Michigan is however wrong because he was neither of those last year and the likelihood he would've produced enough to live up to that this year at Michigan would've been incredibly low. Either way it's a win win scenario for Iowa.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It is odd what clone fans try and use to show how much better they are than Iowa. Class rankings for recruiting don’t count at this point all that matters is WR recruiting.

The day Iowa starts recruiting a player because of their 247 ranking is the day the program has given up on its identity and culture.

Don’t ever give up on being the AD with the most money paid out in lawsuits, most rhabdo cases, and most Housing frauds.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is odd what clone fans try and use to show how much better they are than Iowa. Class rankings for recruiting don’t count at this point all that matters is WR recruiting.

The day Iowa starts recruiting a player because of their 247 ranking is the day the program has given up on its identity and culture.
When Iowa State was beating Iowa in football, all I heard were Iowa fans bringing up overall series record, the fact that we've never made a BCS, or that they will have a better season. Each fan base brings up dumb reasons for losses to justify and cope with the loss.

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah BUT, that's not what he said though. He specifically said, "He was at the top of our depth chart."

And Harbaugh has never been full of **** before.

Coach speak is a real thing. He's going to say something nice about the kid, not say "We were disappointed in his progression. He was probably going to get passed up by better recruits, glad he left so we can use the scholarship elsewhere." I don't 100% know that's why he left, but it makes more sense than the kid being the top WR at Michigan and possibly playing a ton, then deciding to transfer to Iowa, where WRs go to die.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Not sure:
Not busting your nuts but you indicated that the logic used was faulty. I think to get a full picture my friend that analysis needs to be done to confirm if CMC is narrowing the gap or not. Your analysis seems to be leaning a bit towards confirmation bias.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I mean they lost him to Michigan, and then when he wanted to leave he couldn't get answers from other schools about transferring there so he went somewhere where he knew they'd take him and would play right away. Not dogging the kid, just saying there's a small asterisk by it.
Asterisks are sure used liberally around here

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
And Harbaugh has never been full of **** before.

Coach speak is a real thing. He's going to say something nice about the kid, not say "We were disappointed in his progression. He was probably going to get passed up by better recruits, glad he left so we can use the scholarship elsewhere." I don't 100% know that's why he left, but it makes more sense than the kid being the top WR at Michigan and possibly playing a ton, then deciding to transfer to Iowa, where WRs go to die.
I would not put it past Harbaugh to say that just to efff the immediate edibility appeal.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
RF3eNZN.jpg
Since we are discussing American Football not futbol, this is a useless picture. :)

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Kujawa sup dog? How it is that you is? Love your posts here and on HR. No legal cases to fight today? Is your kid training for that big confrontation with @CyTwins? You have a doctors appointment scheduled yet? Just hoping for your mental health to seek a more stable state.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Why can’t Campbell have better recruiting classes if he is a better recruiter than KF?
He can....the recruiter services and their rankings don't 100% dictate who is the best fit for each program and coach as you know I'm guessing.

• Funny
Reactions: BLHawk

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kujawa sup dog? How it is that you is? Love your posts here and on HR. No legal cases to fight today? Is your kid training for that big confrontation with @CyTwins? You have a doctors appointment scheduled yet? Just hoping for your mental health to seek a more stable state.

Oh **** is this the guy? The crazy loser? Ha! Should have known a whiner like that could NEVER stay away From CF.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Oh **** is this the guy? The crazy loser? Ha! Should have known a whiner like that could NEVER stay away From CF.
Dude. Do I need to draw you a diaphragm?(yes I know) Step your game up. We don't have time for pissing around. LOL.

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82