Iowa Football Recruiting

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Looks like Minnesota DE Aaron Witt is visiting the team out east this week. It sounds like it is between the good guys and the hoks. Hope he comes to Ames.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Iowa football- Getting less with more. Not sure I would be bragging about that. I'm glad we have a coach that is going to get the most out of his talent. We are already better than Iowa with lower ranked recruiting classes. Soon we will pass Iowa in pretty much every phase of the game and recruiting, and the hoks will just be an afterthought. This is quickly becoming the Cyclone State thanks to CMC and JP.

Except neither one of your last 2 8-5 teams have been ranked in the AP poll to finish the year.

Losing to teams like Iowa does not mean you are better.

All of what I just said is true, what is bolded is straight up opinion.

When will ISU pass Iowa in recruiting?

Less with more? Not even close.

Especially with the way the Big 12 will be down this year with their top teams. Baylor, OSU, TCU, KSU are not what they used to be, at least for this coming year. Big 10 has about half of thier teams ranked in pre season magazines some have 6-7 teams. Big 12 has 3, some with 4 and that is only one I think with Baylor. with the big 2 (Ok, and Texas) leading the way, per usual.

Maybe ISU is gaining traction in the Big 12 because of how easy it is to finish top 3 right now

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Except neither one of your last 2 8-5 teams have been ranked in the AP poll to finish the year.

Losing to teams like Iowa does not mean you are better.

All of what I just said is true, what is bolded is straight up opinion.

When will ISU pass Iowa in recruiting?

Less with more? Not even close.

Especially with the way the Big 12 will be down this year with their top teams. Baylor, OSU, TCU, KSU are not what they used to be, at least for this coming year. Big 10 has about half of thier teams ranked in pre season magazines some have 6-7 teams. Big 12 has 3, some with 4 and that is only one I think with Baylor. with the big 2 (Ok, and Texas) leading the way, per usual.

Maybe ISU is gaining traction in the Big 12 because of how easy it is to finish top 3 right now

Baylor is ranked in a preseason top 25 poll but they're not what they used to be?

• Dislike
Reactions: Cydkar

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
he is good at developing a couple of positions, but generally speaking they are a 7-5 or 8-4 team which is underachieving for all of that NFL talent. Whereas CMC took a program in the dumps, and got it to a similar level and even a little higher with lower rated recruits in 2 seasons. We have passed Iowa and now the gap is going to start to get bigger for 1 main reason. CMC>>>>>>KF.

How can you be higher with the same or worse record and not being ranked and losing the head to head?

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
How can you be higher with the same or worse record and not being ranked and losing the head to head?
We played a tougher schedule and had better wins. We were at a huge disadvantage when we played you. But you already knew that.

• Funny
Reactions: Shawker

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
We played a tougher schedule and had better wins. We were at a huge disadvantage when we played you. But you already knew that.

What measure are you guys using for schedule strength? I agree you guys had, on paper, a harder schedule, but better wins last year? Big 12 had inflated records and your Sugar Bowl team lost to Maryland........

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Oh cool. I did that because cyfan needs exact numbers. Insinuations are not allowed here.
You realize giving a range, i.e. 6-7, isn't an exact number, correct?

C'mon Iowa fans? Is this the best you guys have?
For **** sake.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
What measure are you guys using for schedule strength? I agree you guys had, on paper, a harder schedule, but better wins last year? Big 12 had inflated records and your Sugar Bowl team lost to Maryland........
didn't you just answer your own question? the measure I used was paper I guess?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You realize giving a range, i.e. 6-7, isn't an exact number, correct?

C'mon Iowa fans? Is this the best you guys have?
For **** sake.

I did that because, If I would have said about half, someone would have come up with an excuse that was wrong. Not my fault you do not like the sentence structure. 6-7 is about half, and exact numbers indicate that.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

This statement is laughable coming from a fan whose team can't win the easiest conference division in College football