Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I wouldn't rip on Iowa for this recruit. He's more highly regarded than Tarique Milton was, and he's the exact same size as Milton was coming out of high school too. This is all about scouting. Iowa sees something in him that others aren't, same as ISU did with Milton.

How is this guy more “highly regarded than Milton”? Not currently rated, has less P5 offers, and has almost no on field production.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How is this guy more “highly regarded than Milton”? Not currently rated, has less P5 offers, and has almost no on field production.

Ok, I'll give you that. Milton was rated 0.798 on 247 when he came to ISU, we'll see where this kid is.

I actually don't care about this kid Iowa got, I'm just saying they must see something in him, and we've had a lot of recruits like that who have ended up being great players.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I wouldn't rip on Iowa for this recruit. He's more highly regarded than Tarique Milton was, and he's the exact same size as Milton was coming out of high school too. This is all about scouting. Iowa sees something in him that others aren't, same as ISU did with Milton.
That’s just not true.

A few of Milton’s offers: Michigan St, Louisville, Kentucky, Pitt.

Milton was a late qualifier, or that list would have been even longer.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
source.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

So much fail in this post

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So much fail in this post

Yeah, because making fun of a young kid being recruited by Iowa when we have absolutely no idea how good he may end up being is really cool.

Be honest, if this kid just committed to CMC, we'd all be saying that we trust the coaches and he's probably a diamond in the rough.

It's just stupid judging these recruits. This kid may well blow up in the next year.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

The biggest difference is that Campbell and crew have an eye for WR talent. Iowa hasn't had good WR production for a long ass time.

theiacowtipper

Sep 6, 2010

He also lost his entire junior year to a torn ACL. That explains the stats. He isn’t a fallback as it’s too early. Stars don’t always tell the entire story. Hakeem Butler anyone?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
He also lost his entire junior year to a torn ACL. That explains the stats. He isn’t a fallback as it’s too early. Stars don’t always tell the entire story. Hakeem Butler anyone?

I understand he was injured. I was just trying to understand what clonedude was basing his statement on. Milton is a great example of ratings not being the end all.