Iowa Football Recruiting

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I personally think it's hilarious when fans say it's the opposition's superbowl. No it's probably not the make or break game of the year but in-state rival games are very important to both sides.
I totally agree.

We should embrace the rivalry...it’s been pretty good. Lots of exciting games. Great environment...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
No, but that's Iowa State fan's go-to these days.
Ah.. I find that interesting honestly. I don't think it's either teams "superbowl" in fact there are probably 3 teams on ISU's schedule that I'd rather see us win over the Iowa game. The main difference in those games compared to the Iowa game is I can't boast about a win against OU/TX like I could about the Iowa one.

• Agree
Reactions: JSS

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I hope Campbell is preparing for this game like the superbowl. Although even if we stomped Iowa Jss would still be flapping his lips.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I totally agree.

We should embrace the rivalry...it’s been pretty good. Lots of exciting games. Great environment...
I think its good to have the game but maybe less frequently. I like to travel to away games and see other cities and stadiums personally.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I totally agree.

We absolutely should embrace the rivalry. And it should not go away. It brings together two great fan bases, especially in football. I had some of my favorite weekends going to Iowa City to stay with friends that went to U of I, tailgate and watch the game. They did the same when the game was in Ames. It's great for the state and the two schools and brings about playful banter.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We absolutely should embrace the rivalry. And it should not go away. It brings together two great fan bases, especially in football. I had some of my favorite weekends going to Iowa City to stay with friends that went to U of I, tailgate and watch the game. They did the same when the game was in Ames. It's great for the state and the two schools and brings about playful banter.

I'm all for the fans embracing the rivalry but I do like the fact CMC treats it like just another game and focuses on conference games instead

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm all for the fans embracing the rivalry but I do like the fact CMC treats it like just another game and focuses on conference games instead
And that's exactly how he should treat it. Let the fans and the media do all the talking, don't put up any bulletin board material, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Exactly. I'd be mad if I were an Iowa fan about how KF treats the game with such importance but luckily I'm not an Iowa fan!
Well KF has been there longer so I can see where he has a little bit more of a dog in the fight at the moment. KF also has been on the end of losing to ISU 4 times in a row and then winning quite a few in a row. It will be interesting to see how CMC treats the game if and when he starts winning a few in a row. Hopefully he doesn't change his outlook.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
He said this the last time Iowa beat Ohio State

"Ferentz said the two highlights of Iowa’s season last year were the wins over Iowa State and Nebraska."
source.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Let’s hope for some mid November cold. A little snow would be nice...

Love it when the southern teams have to play in real football weather

Since the inception of the Big 12 the latest Texas has had to come to Ames is 10/31 and they got shutout 24-0. Texas has made 7 trips to Ames and has NEVER had to play up here in November, which is pathetic. I hope it is colder than **** on 11/16!

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
In person the rivalry is pretty fun. My favorite Uncle is a huge ISU fan and we have a lot of good natured **** talking sessions.

Message boards aren’t as much fun :)

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Since the inception of the Big 12 the latest Texas has had to come to Ames is 10/31 and they got shutout 24-0. Texas has made 7 trips to Ames and has NEVER had to play up here in November, which is pathetic. I hope it is colder than **** on 11/16!
I think a shortage of sideline heaters would be appropriate.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This might drop you a spot in your self-proclaimed Citizen of the Year Award rankings! Better go tell everyone how much you've donated this year!!
This post doesn't help your self described "no troll" theory.