Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
giphy.webp

Haha. I'm flattered.

Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Big Ten Conference reported $759 million in revenues for FY 2018. That is crazy. Wonder how long they can keep that up or high it can go?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Big Ten Conference reported $759 million in revenues for FY 2018. That is crazy. Wonder how long they can keep that up or high it can go?
All the power 5 conferences are getting insane amounts of dollars. Didn't the BIG sign a new TV revenue package in 2018? I know that helped to boost it about the SEC. You also wonder if this is the last of the big TV contracts given the fallout from cord cutting and independent streaming...but that is for another thread topic.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
All the power 5 conferences are getting insane amounts of dollars. Didn't the BIG sign a new TV revenue package in 2018? I know that helped to boost it about the SEC. You also wonder if this is the last of the big TV contracts given the fallout from cord cutting and independent streaming...but that is for another thread topic.

Even with independent streaming, they can still sell ads. And you would think those ads would garner more money in the future since it is harder to channel surf around the commercials. When I stream something, I actually have to watch the commercials.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Even with independent streaming, they can still sell ads. And you would think those ads would garner more money in the future since it is harder to channel surf around the commercials. When I stream something, I actually have to watch the commercials.
Agreed. Makes you wonder if some schools will able to set up "special" deals due to their pedigree...Bama, Buckeyes, Tigers, etc. Unfortunately, that would simply widen the gap between haves and havenots to the extreme of perhaps a future "top division" in Div 1 football. Think of a 12 team league that had Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. that played a round robin schedule...yeah, I know, it will never happen.

JSS

Apr 16, 2019
Between Montgomery and what he brought in this year you could argue that's what he recruits best along with DL, LB, WR and QB. Iowa's RB's were bad last year but they seem to be high on this true freshman
Guy should never lose a game with all of that talent!

Reactions: HawkFan1

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I like your confidence. And do I think ISU is likely to get the win at MidAmerican Field this year. Campbell and crew will pour everything they have into it and we lost so many guys to the NFL.
And Northwestern won that division that easily?

We all better start referring to that dump Carver as Mediacom Court too.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wouldn't be pretty if you did. Crazy stat - Matt Campbell is 0-3 vs. the Big Ten West, losing those games by an average of over 17 points per game.
Crazier stat, Kirk started 0-4 against lowly ISU.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I like your confidence. And do I think ISU is likely to get the win at MidAmerican Field this year. Campbell and crew will pour everything they have into it and we lost so many guys to the NFL.

Keep it up and I'll start referring to Carver as Mediacom Court.