Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Yeah, sorry, no spin. Those were horrible situations handled pathetically by the UI that have been a black eye on the program and the University, deservedly so. Real people and real lives affected in a way nobody deserves to have to deal with.

What I won't do is blame the victims for the crime, or the athletes for the Rhabdo. That'd be kind of like blaming the UI football program for being ripped off while playing a game at Trice.

My original point stands. If roles were reversed, and the Cyclone football team was ripped off at Kinnick, and Pollard et al called Iowa out publicly and caused them a little embarrassment, I doubt there'd be too many ISU fans claiming it was an immature move. They'd probably love it.
I've heard horror stories from players, fans, and band members in the past about trips to Iowa City. Everything from players getting spit on while walking into the stadium to the band getting bottles of **** dumped on them. Where is Iowa's security during all of this? Did ISU publicly state that they are warning other teams visiting Iowa about this behavior? Hell no. Yet a high Iowa official goes off the assumption it was ISUs fault with this theft even though all reports state the lockeroom was on strict lock down and the person who did it is likely affiliated with the Iowa football team. Did he really need to tell the media about this? This was done specifically to make ISU look bad. This is the type of **** why I will never have respect for the university of Iowa and it's fans. Bunch of entitled little ******* that think they are on top of the world when they aren't even on top of their own state. The university of Iowa can rot for all I care.

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I wonder just where this investigation is at anyway. Seems to me that they would have figured something out by now. I doubt this is the work of a criminal mastermind.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I've hear horror stories from players, fans, and band members in the past about trips to Iowa City. Everything from players getting spit on while walking into the stadium to the band getting bottles of **** dumped on them. Where is Iowa's security during all of this? Did ISU publicly state that they are warning other teams visiting Iowa about this behavior? Hell no. This is the type of **** why I will never have respect for the university of Iowa and it's fans. Bunch of entitled little ******* that think they are on top of the world when they aren't even on top of their own state. The university of Iowa can rot for all I care.

To be fair, I watched an ISU fan try to **** on Iowa's band equipment after the 2005 game. That fan didnt get to far, but his drunk *** sure tried.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I wonder just where this investigation is at anyway. Seems to me that they would have figured something out by now. I doubt this is the work of a criminal mastermind.

Sounds like they are close based off that article...

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Except first, they were both Iowa fans. Second, it was consensual. But other than that, yep. Spot on analogy.

it was indecent, pathetic, illegal, slimy, and typical drunken Hawk fan behavior.....and the ho was married with her spouse in the stadium

"Except first, they were both Iowa fans"
<< yes....I rest my case

Last edited:

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Source?

I dont blame him. Let other teams know they should watch there stuff because ISU wont.

Really? Probably the most secure locker rooms in the country for a while. Could be an inside job from either side, could be some low life who just was able to fool security. Either way, I blame the thief, not those who were victimized or fooled by this dishonest person. Could happen anywhere and everyone knows it.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I am NOT a Hawk sympathizer, but it looks like he emailed the police officer ad the media got that from an open records request. Granted, he may have known those emails could go public.

But yeah, still **** move. Could have thanked the cop and simply said, "Have you informed future visitors to Jack Trice of the incident?" as more of a professional suggestion, not a "nah nah, I tattled" approach.

oh, you mean people go off on tangents of whining without facts?

who cares, its a rivalry. putting a billboard in the middle of CR wasnt exactly taking the high road, but ill be damned if i didnt laugh.

cloneiac

Jul 6, 2011
word on the street has our band playing loud presnap to cover up the sounds of burglar's tools. The plot sickens.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Maybe this ******* Paul Federici is considering a run for congressional office and wants to demo how big of a DB he is to show his qualifications?

:rolleyes:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's ********. Iowa State took the incident seriously and will refund the $3000 worth of stuff that was stolen (by the way, from the original reports, you would have thought tens of thousands of dollars of things were stolen) if the culprit isn't found. Iowa State apologized. It was a bad thing, but it wasn't some sort of scandal.

If they find out it was an inside job, I hope Pollard goes public wanting an apology from those *****.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
It's ********. Iowa State took the incident seriously and will refund the $3000 worth of stuff that was stolen (by the way, from the original reports, you would have thought tens of thousands of dollars of things were stolen) if the culprit isn't found. Iowa State apologized. It was a bad thing, but it wasn't some sort of scandal.

If they find out it was an inside job, I hope Pollard goes public wanting an apology from those *****.
Or at least write emails to all the teams on Iowa's schedule. After all, they should know that someone on Iowa's football team/staff has a history of theft in case anything goes missing.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Wait, did I read that right that he contacted them the very next day after the incident? What a little ***** move, I can't believe anyone would defend this. Completely childish and unprofessional.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah, sorry, no spin. Those were horrible situations handled pathetically by the UI that have been a black eye on the program and the University, deservedly so. Real people and real lives affected in a way nobody deserves to have to deal with.

What I won't do is blame the victims for the crime, or the athletes for the Rhabdo. That'd be kind of like blaming the UI football program for being ripped off while playing a game at Trice.

My original point stands. If roles were reversed, and the Cyclone football team was ripped off at Kinnick, and Pollard et al called Iowa out publicly and caused them a little embarrassment, I doubt there'd be too many ISU fans claiming it was an immature move. They'd probably love it.

I would totally expect Pollard to let Iowa handle it despite your AD's history of not handling things well. ****, your AD isn't even handling OUR problems well.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Butthurt? No. This is a non issue, petty theft happens everyday. Iowa choose to make it a big deal. Iowa looks like butthurt losers in this whole situation.

No bigger collection of fans, media, athletic department that pats themselves on the back more than HawkDumb. They're extremely impressed with themselves over stuff like this

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So does Iowa use the same security company for their locker rooms? And if so, have they dropped their contract? Because obviously this company cannot be trusted.