Iowa football contacts ISU's Big 12 opponents about lax security at JTS

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
In high school we had a pretty good rivalry with a nearby town..They would come to town and into our hangouts to stir up bs and start fights which back then was typical. I can remember one story of how they took gas and burned their own football field and blamed it on us..Musta been Hok fans lol.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
What an absolute **** move. I'm just floored by the unprofessionalism of this. I shouldn't be, given this is the University of Iowa, but I am.

And by the way, dickface, it's Ames with a capital "A".

CyPlainsDrifter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 19, 2006
What an absolute **** move. I'm just floored by the unprofessionalism of this. I shouldn't be, given this is the University of Iowa, but I am.

And by the way, dickface, it's Ames with a capital "A".

Anyone other than a hawk lover would be floored by this .... completely unprofessional and childish.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cant wait fr the Gonzo response. How will he spin this one?

Yeah, sorry, no spin. Those were horrible situations handled pathetically by the UI that have been a black eye on the program and the University, deservedly so. Real people and real lives affected in a way nobody deserves to have to deal with.

What I won't do is blame the victims for the crime, or the athletes for the Rhabdo. That'd be kind of like blaming the UI football program for being ripped off while playing a game at Trice.

My original point stands. If roles were reversed, and the Cyclone football team was ripped off at Kinnick, and Pollard et al called Iowa out publicly and caused them a little embarrassment, I doubt there'd be too many ISU fans claiming it was an immature move. They'd probably love it.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Source?

I dont blame him. Let other teams know they should watch there stuff because ISU wont.
How do you know it's not a ******** Iowa fan stealing from its' own?

Like Iowa City is pure and innocent and above repute. LMAO. The **** is a Penn St alum. How about we investigate this perv and do a background check

Cypower69

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa City, IA
Yeah, sorry, no spin. Those were horrible situations handled pathetically by the UI that have been a black eye on the program and the University, deservedly so. Real people and real lives affected in a way nobody deserves to have to deal with.

What I won't do is blame the victims for the crime, or the athletes for the Rhabdo. That'd be kind of like blaming the UI football program for being ripped off while playing a game at Trice.

My original point stands. If roles were reversed, and the Cyclone football team was ripped off at Kinnick, and Pollard et al called Iowa out publicly and caused them a little embarrassment, I doubt there'd be too many ISU fans claiming it was an immature move. They'd probably love it.

Great point except JP has class and wouldn't react like a child.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Nope. I said from day one if this happened in Iowa City and the U of I was as proactive in dealing with it as ISU has been, I'd be satisfied. Sometimes stuff happens, it's how you deal with it that counts. There's no indication that ISU has approached this with anyone but the highest degree of seriousness from the minute they found out.

If Iowa handled it just as well and Pollard tried to make a stink of it, I wouldn't be pleased. No point in picking at the scab. My only hope is that this is an a-hole staff member going off the reservation because it's unprofessional and completely uncalled for.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

No one is blaming them for being ripped off...more calling them out for acting like a bunch of classless DB's in handling the situation. From all indications, ISU took appropriate actions to remedy the situation as best as they could. THEY FREAKING SAID THEY WOULD REIMBURSE THE COST IF JUSTICE WENT UN-SERVED!

And if the roles were reversed, and ISU contacted all the schools who would be playing in Kinnick this year telling them what happened, I would think it would be a very classless move, especially if the University of Iowa was doing everything they could to remedy the situation.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008

I remember one of those ISU fb trips to Kinnick (2000 or 2002) some Hok dicks went on a key-scratching tour of the tailgate lots during the game and vandalized several cars with ISU plates/decals, etc., including JJ Moses' fathers' car.

That lack of security cost ISU folks 100X more $$$ than the thefts at ISU last month

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I am NOT a Hawk sympathizer, but it looks like he emailed the police officer ad the media got that from an open records request. Granted, he may have known those emails could go public.

But yeah, still **** move. Could have thanked the cop and simply said, "Have you informed future visitors to Jack Trice of the incident?" as more of a professional suggestion, not a "nah nah, I tattled" approach.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Hey guys, does anyone know if any Hawk fans have ever went on a key scratching tour on ISU cars?

titleist

Dec 31, 2008
Ames
I thought it was a Hawkeye player stealing from his own teammates. Good time to do it and have the blame fall on the home town. :policeman::rolleyes:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Excited-Amy-Adams-In-Cute-Dress-Reaction-Gif.gif

wood

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
We better contact all applicants tobu of I then and tell them about the rapists on campus that got away with it and the thieves on the football team praying on other students...

Just makes sense to let them know that. You are an idiot.

Good luck finding low income housing. Thisbis why hawks are idiots. My goodness.. they probably have a player tweeting from one of the "stolen" phones now...

Losers... barta should apologize

So if you belonged to a club, and while out on the course your locker was rifled through and when you got back you found that someone had ripped you off, and you had some buddies/acquaintances who you knew had a tee time the next day, you wouldn't suggest they take some extra precautions to make sure it didn't happen to them?

This butthurt is all about the fact that it happened at Trice and Iowa is calling them on it. If this had happened to the Cyclones at Kinnick and ISU had contacted teams that were coming in you'd love it for the embarrassment it would cause Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron