Iowa fans in meltdown over our win vs BYU!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Thuggish is a criminal record, do any of our guys have that? If not then they aren't thugs, Shawn Bankhead was a thug.

Was Bankhead a thug? I don't recall that. Kenny Pratt comes to mind but not Bankhead.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Jeez, they are in meltdown because they are watching ISU (and hoping for the worst).

Don't they have another epic tilt with a 250+ RPI team to prepare for?

mitya51

Oct 9, 2012
Seriously there is not a worse group of people on earth than Hawkeye fans. Maybe al qaeda and Westbourgh Church people...but thats it.[/QUOTE]

This is the thug mentality. Some hawkeye fans can be really snobby, but some are great too. Every fan base has its share of DBs.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Meh... They cheered Matt Roth...

Roth gives his two, ah, cents - Chicago Tribune

Oh and they gave us "City Boyz Inc."

2456131799_08b1a416df.jpg

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Some people need to get out of Iowa. As someone who's spent time in Brightwood in Indianapolis, South Cicero in Chicago and 8 Mile in Detroit, I can assure you flipping someone off is not thuggish. In fact, most people there will tell you it's the whitest thing you could do.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Some people need to get out of Iowa. As someone who's spent time in Brightwood in Indianapolis, South Cicero in Chicago and 8 Mile in Detroit, I can assure you flipping someone off is not thuggish. In fact, most people there will tell you it's the whitest thing you could do.

kirk-ferentz-flips-off-camera-middle-finger.jpeg

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I hope they get some beat down by KU if they get to Bahama's Championship game. They clearly need some reality check.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Man oh man, I had the craziest meltdown ever! The Mormons that came over to watch the game, started taunting me with chats of "we got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how about you?" then they pointed right at me. I said, ah no you didn't! and I eye gouged every last one of those mother ****ers.

Lol. What?

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Seriously there is not a worse group of people on earth than Hawkeye fans. Maybe al qaeda and Westbourgh Church people...but thats it.

This is the thug mentality. Some hawkeye fans can be really snobby, but some are great too. Every fan base has its share of DBs.[/QUOTE]
:twitcy:

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
Jeez, they are in meltdown because they are watching ISU (and hoping for the worst).

Well considering Georgia Southern, and Eastern Washington are 1-2 in the RPI right now, it's a little pointless to use RPI. Use KenPom and Sagarin rankings.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
"The Bird" on the east coast is good morning routine.
0120_SPO_IAMBBVSWISCONSIN22.jpg

Last edited:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I can't wait to pound them at Hilton. It's gonna be as loud as Michigan.

I love how we leap-frogged over them in the AP

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
You're right...there's no difference between a thug on the basketball court and a street thug. Maybe when talking about basketball, people should call "thug behavior" something else. Over-aggressiveness perhaps? Quarrelsome-ness maybe? "Oh, they're calling us thugs? They obviously mean that they think our players belong to the mafia. Hawk fan over there thinks Melvin's true hero is actually Al Capone. I'm serious you guys, for real." Give me a break.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Pretty simple guys, there just a tad jealous over there so they have to make fun of it somehow. Who cares, let them be. They should be worrying about their own team, they should have a solid squad in Iowa city this year. Lots of my hawkeye friends are actually pretty happy to see Iowa State having success. Hate me for it, but I think it'd be cool if Iowa was a top 25 team when we play them. That'd draw a lot of national attention. PLUS I like seeing Iowa State and Iowa being relevant, not UNI and Drake. Those years with McDoormat and Lickliter where Drake and UNI were better then both teams was pretty crappy. The 2 biggest state schools playing second fiddle to lowly Drake/UNI, come on now.

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
Pretty simple guys, there just a tad jealous over there so they have to make fun of it somehow. Who cares, let them be. They should be worrying about their own team, they should have a solid squad in Iowa city this year. Lots of my hawkeye friends are actually pretty happy to see Iowa State having success. Hate me for it, but I think it'd be cool if Iowa was a top 25 team when we play them. That'd draw a lot of national attention. PLUS I like seeing Iowa State and Iowa being relevant, not UNI and Drake. Those years with McDoormat and Lickliter where Drake and UNI were better then both teams was pretty crappy. The 2 biggest state schools playing second fiddle to lowly Drake/UNI, come on now.
Amen.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

Haha.....So CF has:

55 page Iowa recruiting thread
40 page Iowa 2013/2014 BB thread that was locked down
9 page UMES thread
Thread about the BTN
Thread about thug Iowa players
Thread about me

Then you have threads about BYU threads, threads about Minnesota threads, threads about UNLV......so it is funny that you accuse others of watching ISU.....I mean who ISN'T ISU fan watching and obsessing about?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron