Iowa board response when Purdue fan asked about cyclones

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
First- Iona scares me and I am in no way looking ahead. I was checking out the iowa boards to see what they thought of their draw ( yes I root for the other Iowa schools when the are not playing the Cyclones). Purdue fan asked board what they thought of a potential Purdue and Iowa state match up. One of the more interesting responses:

Great offensive players, don't bother to play much defense. They only run 6 deep and are often too tired to keep fighting late in games. Their roster is mostly transfers who quit on other teams, an attitude embraced by Cyclone fans and coaches alike. Their team leader is Georges Niang, who has racked up over 2000 career points while giving up over 3500. He acts like an idiot and may try to grab his opponent's genitals. Their old coach quit after losing to UAB, and after being a top 5 preseason team, they finished this year 10-10. Being in the Big 12 is the only reason they aren't a 9 seed. Purdue will be the most physical team they've played in months, and should win by 20+.

Their mascot is supposedly a cyclone, although if you look at it, its clearly a bird trapped in a cyclone. They proudly wear the colors of McDonalds/ketchup and mustard.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The Purdue grads/fans that I work with hate the matchup. They think we will be way to quick for them.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I've said this in other threads, but I believe we have a good chance at facing little rock and not Purdon't. It always seems that two 5 seeds get knocked off some years. I have both Purdon't and Indiana losing.

The Pig Ten sucks this year.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
First- Iona scares me and I am in no way looking ahead. I was checking out the iowa boards to see what they thought of their draw ( yes I root for the other Iowa schools when the are not playing the Cyclones). Purdue fan asked board what they thought of a potential Purdue and Iowa state match up. One of the more interesting responses:

Great offensive players, don't bother to play much defense. They only run 6 deep and are often too tired to keep fighting late in games. Their roster is mostly transfers who quit on other teams, an attitude embraced by Cyclone fans and coaches alike. Their team leader is Georges Niang, who has racked up over 2000 career points while giving up over 3500. He acts like an idiot and may try to grab his opponent's genitals. Their old coach quit after losing to UAB, and after being a top 5 preseason team, they finished this year 10-10. Being in the Big 12 is the only reason they aren't a 9 seed. Purdue will be the most physical team they've played in months, and should win by 20+.

Their mascot is supposedly a cyclone, although if you look at it, its clearly a bird trapped in a cyclone. They proudly wear the colors of McDonalds/ketchup and mustard.

So.....you root for the other Iowa school who has fans that write crap like this, huh? Thanks for sharing tho.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Was Purdue fan stupid enough to think he would get an unbiased response?
Yeah, and Purdue's in the Big 10, they should know they wouldn't get a smart response from an Iowa fan.

Also, the entire response was stupid (and mostly expected), but really? we're quitters? If cyclones fans were actually quitters, there wouldn't be any cyclone fans left.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
My response when hypothetical Villanova fan asked me about potential second round matchup with Iowa...

"Scout Temple"

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yeah, and Purdue's in the Big 10, they should know they wouldn't get a smart response from an Iowa fan.
Also, the entire response was stupid (and mostly expected), but really? we're quitters? If we were actually quitters, why on earth would we be cyclone fans?

Quitters would stop trying after being down 20 to mediocre B1G teams.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

So the guy basically said "I am an Iowa fan and I have a small *****."

reaCY

Mar 21, 2014
I've said this in other threads, but I believe we have a good chance at facing little rock and not Purdon't. It always seems that two 5 seeds get knocked off some years. I have both Purdon't and Indiana losing.

The Pig Ten sucks this year.
Tom Purdon't ?

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
Ha, I just went over to HN and their top 5 basketball threads are (in order)...

Anti-Alford
Anti-MichSt
Iowa Women in NIT
Anti-ISU
Glory days of Dr. Tom

This is NCAA tourney week, unbelievable.