Iowa Beat Writers

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Dockerman is the worst. He tried to write about Iowa State in The Athletic last fall when his beloved hoks weren't playing and got exposed by some readers for the hok shill that he is.

Figured that's why he is called 'Douche"rman.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I feel really happy that I hardly know any of the names on that list.

Is there a story as to why Pandy got kicked off that beat and we got stuck with him years ago? Feels like there could be. I’m sure Kirk made a phone call and he was done.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Didnt the Rag just bring in some new guy to cover them? Not sure of a name but thought i saw that. Poor soul better step in line quick or they will pull his credentials and have him neutered.

They did an introduction piece on him a couple weeks ago but I haven't noticed anything written by him yet - although it isn't like I'm looking for Iowa stuff. His name is Kennington Smith and he is from Georgia and has no ties to the state or the TOE.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I really get a kick out of the Iowa 247 subscribers defending their mods to the death. Just can't find delusion like that anywhere else.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hlas isn't bad

He covers the Hawks and that's about it. Probably some bias because of how much time is spent on them but he can also understand that other teams are better.

Not sure if I've heard of many of the other ones listed aside from Chad Liestekow (SP? Don't really care) and that guy writes like many Hawk fans I've known.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What about Dochterman? I saw where he taught a sportswriting class at Iowa for a semester back in 2017.

Ha, actually a name I recognize and only because it was when I dropped my The Athletic subscription. Got talked into the subscription by some peeps on CF. This dooch guy had a boorish article showing up in my ISU feed which was something that you might have thought was written by a drunken tavern Hawk. So full of hate and condensation that it might make a Hawk troll here blush. And The Athletics thought this was good Cyclone news. And, **** them.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Ha, actually a name I recognize and only because it was when I dropped my The Athletic subscription. Got talked into the subscription by some peeps on CF. This dooch guy had a boorish article showing up in my ISU feed which was something that you might have thought was written by a drunken tavern Hawk. So full of hate and condensation that it might make a Hawk troll here blush. And The Athletics thought this was good Cyclone news. And, **** them.
Pretty much the reason I dumped them too. Rather pay the good folks of CF for my sports media consumption.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron