Iowa Beat Writers

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I don’t see any way they hire Brian. It would be so incredible if they did, but don’t think they’re they stupid.

Also, Mark Stoops would be stupid to leave Kentucky. He’s got SEC money, better recruiting territory, and lower expectations (wildly enough) than Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I don’t see any way they hire Brian. It would be so incredible if they did, but don’t think they’re they stupid.

Also, Mark Stoops would be stupid to leave Kentucky. He’s got SEC money, better recruiting territory, and lower expectations (wildly enough) than Iowa.
Iowa fans probably appreciate football more than Kentucky fans (basketball school) and Big 10 money is on par with SEC. Big 10 has more fodder to beat up on too, schedule wise each year. I think he'd be a good fit, unfortunately, but hopefully won't be interested.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If this truly is it for Kirk, I wonder who would want (and who would get) the job.

Mark Stoops would probably be the frontrunner. I could see Bielema, Leipold, Klieman all be interested as well. Lots of Hawk fans like the idea of LeVar Woods.

Barta would hire Brian
Kirk has 42MM guaranteed. He has a few years left.

• Wow
Reactions: Acylum

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Iowa fans probably appreciate football more than Kentucky fans (basketball school) and Big 10 money is on par with SEC. Big 10 has more fodder to beat up on too, schedule wise each year. I think he'd be a good fit, unfortunately, but hopefully won't be interested.
I believe he and Cal have been pretty openly hostile lately (which is pretty weird).

That said, Kentucky when properly resourced would be the far better job.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't get that b10 has more fodder.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
If this truly is it for Kirk, I wonder who would want (and who would get) the job.

Mark Stoops would probably be the frontrunner. I could see Bielema, Leipold, Klieman all be interested as well. Lots of Hawk fans like the idea of LeVar Woods.

Barta would hire Brian
Whoever it ends up being, I'm strangely confident Barta will screw it up.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Kirk has 42MM guaranteed. He has a few years left.

From (checks calendar) nine months ago…

“Kirk’s consistent leadership and success over 23 years has been amazing and appreciated as he has led our football program in a first-class manner,” athletic director Gary Barta said via the school's press release. “His success over the past 23 years speaks for itself. He is an asset to the University of Iowa and our athletics department as a whole. The foundation of his program is strong, and the future looks bright.”

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Get ready for a bunch of apology letters to Kirk from the media. They will want their credentials reinstated after this game.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Get ready for a bunch of apology letters to Kirk from the media. They will want their credentials reinstated after this game.
It will be hilarious. They will be in full chode-sucking mode.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Like I posted a few days ago, last week Nevada gave up 613 yards and 55 points in their loss to Incarnate Word. I said Iowa would beat Nevada, Petras would have a decent game against their awful defense, and Hawkeye fans would over react and jump back on board the bandwagon... just before they jump back off again after Iowa goes on the road for the first time this season and loses to mighty Rutgers.

• Agree
Reactions: weeterkane

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I saw this thread and was able to check in and catch play by play for their failed drove just now.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I know Dolph isn't a beat writer, but did any else catch his Petrus comment in the first half. Commenting on Petrus QBR after the first 2 series he said, Petrus's rating was 264 and Eddie just laughed.