Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Either way, they both made the tournament as an at large, both had similar records and Iowa won the head to head. ISU gets a bump for winning the Big 12 Tourney and Iowa gets a bump for winning an NCAA game.

There wasn't some big monumental upset last year. Both teams were pretty equal last year.

We had a lot better seed going into the tourney

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Iowa, they take it personal and we do too.
Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.

Way to go George; get pumped up like it's a " Superbowl" and beat the Crap outta Iowa!

• Dislike
Reactions: GTO

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You must hate Reggie Evans
I don't hate Evans or Niang. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone bashing on Pemsl for being a dirty player. Your favorite ISU player of all time got T'd up twice for hitting guys in the nuts. That's on the same level as eye gouging.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: Rural and CY88CE11

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
"It's a huge Rivalry; everyone takes it personal. Iowa, they take it personal and we do too.
Tyrese talks about this game all the time..and we're playing for something bigger than just a basketball game". - George Conditt IV Dec 10.

Way to go George; get pumped up like it's a " Superbowl" and beat the Crap outta Iowa!

Oh oh, this goes against CyTwins' narrative. I thought he was more plugged into the pulse of Cyclone athletics than this.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Either way, they both made the tournament as an at large, both had similar records and Iowa won the head to head. ISU gets a bump for winning the Big 12 Tourney and Iowa gets a bump for winning an NCAA game.

There wasn't some big monumental upset last year. Both teams were pretty equal last year.

Iowa State wasn't an at large bid...

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I don't have a prediction on the score tomorrow night, but I predict:

An Iowa cheerleader will complain about the poor treatment the squad received from ISU fans

An Iowa player will dive into the crowd going after a loose ball. Two ISU fans will help him up and the Iowa player will later claim he got shived.

Randy Peterson trips on his shoe laces after the game and breaks his arm, but ISU fans will be blamed for storming the floor after the win and Peterson will never admit his own clumsiness.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Thanks for confirming you've never played basketball competitively.
I played competitive basketball for over 20 years. I can honestly say I never purposely hit another guy in the nuts. Maybe where you're from that is normal. There aren't a lot of technicals handed out in college basketball for nut punches. I can't think of one in the past couple of years.

• Creative
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural and jmb

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008

An Iowa cheerleader will complain about the poor treatment the squad received from ISU fans

An Iowa player will dive into the crowd going after a loose ball. Two ISU fans will help him up and the Iowa player will later claim he got shived.

Randy Peterson trips on his shoe laces after the game and breaks his arm, but ISU fans will be blamed for storming the floor after the win and Peterson will never admit his own clumsiness.
An old man will run onto the floor to attack Fran when Iowa wins on a last second shot.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Someone will steal Garza's Beats headphones from his bag. Barta sends a letter to all NCAA schools in the nation to warn of thieves in Ames. They'll later find out it was one of the Iowa managers.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't hate Evans or Niang. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of everyone bashing on Pemsl for being a dirty player. Your favorite ISU player of all time got T'd up twice for hitting guys in the nuts. That's on the same level as eye gouging.

There is a big difference between being good and "dirty" and not being able to play basketball like Pemsl and what he does

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I played competitive basketball for over 20 years. I can honestly say I never purposely hit another guy in the nuts. Maybe where you're from that is normal. There aren't a lot of technicals handed out in college basketball for nut punches. I can't think of one in the past couple of years.
Nut taps when the ref has his head turned are just as common as illegal screens.

But I don't need to tell you that.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
There is a big difference between being good and "dirty" and not being able to play basketball like Pemsl and what he does
Follow up question...if being good excuses being a dirty player, does that only apply to a career or can it be one game? Can Pemsl have one good game and play dirty for one game? Or does he have to have what is considered a good career in order for it to be acceptable to be a dirty player?

Help Support Us

Become a patron