Iowa Basketball's Super Bowl

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Dang, never seen this angle before. Prohm had a chance to grab his players but chooses to grab an Iowa player.
Different fight started by Pemsl and Connor. Get your provocations properly cataloged.

I agree that the fights that Fran sent players out to start garnered an emotional response from the dudes that were molested by the Pemsl et al.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Dirty players are one thing.

A medical redshirt playing in one game all year exclusively to start fights is something else.

This is the elephant in the room they are doing everything in their power to avoid acknowledging

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't understand why ISU fans think Prohm did a bad job motivating his players last year when they lost to Iowa by double digits. That wasn't an upset last year. Both teams were about equal with Iowa advancing one more round than ISU in the tourney.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I don't understand why ISU fans think Prohm did a bad job motivating his players last year when they lost to Iowa by double digits. That wasn't an upset last year. Both teams were about equal with Iowa advancing one more round than ISU in the tourney.

"I think it's definitely something fans make bigger than it is. Going into it it's really going to be another basketball game." - Tyrese Haliburton

"It's our Super Bowl." - Jordan Bohannon

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Prohm isn't from Iowa and was running onto the court....having emotional outbursts. He even apologized after the game...
Do you know what the Iowa assistant coach said after the first fight started by Iowa that got Prohm fired up? You should ask around. Every bit as class as Fran and Maggie chasing down the ref and calling him a cheating mother ******. That staff is "unique" and genuinely unhealthy. Fran, Maggie. With the Chief Enabler and Whiner GarBar I think is smart that ISU has more Ames PD, Story County, and ISP coming to the game for a quick floor response. With as loose a cannon as Fran and Maggie are maybe bring in the Boone National Guard unit in.

I find it reprehensible that Bohannon is directing his lower end players on who and how to create a fight again this year. Right way.

With Prohm knowing the pre-meditated nature of last years vile behavior from the Hawks I am glad the team and local law enforcement are all more prepared for the provocations.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
"I think it's definitely something fans make bigger than it is. Going into it it's really going to be another basketball game." - Tyrese Haliburton

"It's our Super Bowl." - Jordan Bohannon

So you think last year was an upset win for Iowa?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Iowa State was #16 on Bart Torvik
23-12, 9-9 in the Big 12, won the conference tournament, 0-1 in the NCAA tournament

Iowa was #42 on Bart Torvik
23-12, 10-10 in the Big Ten, 1-1 in the Big Ten tournament, 1-1 in the NCAA tournament

The computers say we were a better team. In terms of actual W/L accomplishments, though, you do have a good case for equivalency. I would much rather take the trophy from Kansas City over a Ro32 exit, but that is just a preference.

I-A wins...

ISU...
@ Texas Tech
@ Mississippi
Oklahoma
@ Kansas State
(KC) Kansas State
(KC) Kansas

Iowa...
Michigan
(NCAA) Cincinnati

We definitely had more big wins over the course of the season. I think that has to count for something about which one of the two was better/had a better season.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Oh God, hook it to my veins. In all fairness I feel like hi answer was pretty fair to reality.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
The tournament committee thought Iowa State was quite a bit better and for good reason.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
So shoving isn't dirty then? Pemsl is Fran's henchman. He doesn't actually play basketball, he just mucks things up. No room for that in college basketball or anything basketball. Pemsl can take his thug tactics to the WWE ring for all I care, but I would be more than thrilled if the bus leaves Iowa City without him tomorrow.

Pemsl brings zero to the table for Fran's program aside from the barbaric behavior. If Fran didn't feel the need to go 10-11 deep, Pemsl would waste away on the bench. But since he has to allocate him 10 min/game, why not go in there and do some "shoving"
Shoving happens in a lot of games. Hitting a guy in the nuts does not happen in a lot of seasons. That's as dirty as it gets.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The tournament committee thought Iowa State was quite a bit better and for good reason.

Either way, they both made the tournament as an at large, both had similar records and Iowa won the head to head. ISU gets a bump for winning the Big 12 Tourney and Iowa gets a bump for winning an NCAA game.

There wasn't some big monumental upset last year. Both teams were pretty equal last year.