Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah, if there is one incoming person I would not try and make an argument against, its THT. Especially for someone who has based his play off of 2 basketball games in a rec league. He was playing better competition than that in his high school games, and he was just as effective all around. Seems like a strange hill to die on.

It's really weird because he loves Wieskamp and he even admitted THT was a better recruit than Joe was

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Since this is a EIU thread, saw Rothstein is releasing his B1G predictions today. Personally I think having the Hawks at 8 above Purdue and The Ohio State was surprising.

@JonRothstein
Big Ten Off season Power Rankings:

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Maryland
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

LOL, Fran'll be NCOTY if that group finishes 8th.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Since this is a EIU thread, saw Rothstein is releasing his B1G predictions today. Personally I think having the Hawks at 8 above Purdue and The Ohio State was surprising.

@JonRothstein

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Maryland
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

If that dump of a program is in the 3 hole (1 NCAA appearance in the last two decades btw), it tells me all I need to know about that conference's strength.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Actually been a Cubs fan for years. The Brewers annual slide in the second half has already started and boy are you salty over it. Figured you would have been expecting it...I know I was.
Not salty at all - just pointing out facts. And your reply? -- CLASSIC hindsight bias! As a Cubs fan, you must also recognize that for years and years, the Cubs' futility in the post season (or even making the post season) was manifest in the "maybe next year" mantra (up until the 2016 WS). However, I wasn't on any message boards, during those years, injecting myself into conversations JUST TO BE AN ***. I also want to point out again that there was not a single peep from you in the Brewers thread until you had something to brag about. TYPICAL bandwagon TAVERNHOK behavior!!!!

Reactions: YeahBuddy

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

@JonRothstein

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Maryland
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers
Who would have thought Nebby would become a basketball school? Or is that a reflection of the BIG overall strength???

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A rough month. ISU gets two RB's better than Iowa's best one, loses a legacy recruit to Nebraska, Carton wanted nothing to do with Fran and now a top in state target for them commits to Nebraska. Brutal
As much as @YeahBuddy chases @CyTwins around here on the ISR forum I submit that his user name be changed:
biz-cards_c_2038989.webp

Reactions: CyTwins

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Who would have thought Nebby would become a basketball school? Or is that a reflection of the BIG overall strength???

The latter, lack of strength at the top. I think the Big 10 will only be a 5 or 6 bid team league IMO. This should be Nebby's year to finally make the NCAA tourney after bubble consideration last year, if not Miles likely will be looking for a new job.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

@JonRothstein

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Maryland
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

Thats actually fairly optimistic, IMO.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Thats actually fairly optimistic, IMO.

Kind of hard to figure out where everyone should be with an unbalanced conference schedule. Nothing better than the one year Iowa fans were bragging about finishing 6th place in the Big 12 (Fran got us in the top half again!!!) only to see the 7th and 8th place teams go to the tourney while Iowa played in the NIT

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO

@JonRothstein

1. Michigan State
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska
4. Indiana
5. Wisconsin
6. Maryland
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Purdue
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

Pretty much the same spot national media members had them last year. Maryland seems a little high but they do have a great recruiting class coming in to offset the Huerter loss. I originally was pretty down on Purdue with what they lose but I think I would definitely have them higher than 9th... Heard a lot of good things about the Dartmouth transfer.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If he wanted to play in an up-tempo system, why would he transfer to Iowa State? I guess in relative terms, anything is “up-tempo” in comparison to Virginia, but Iowa State doesn’t really play particularly fast or up-tempo.

Also, Jacobson isn’t going to be an impact performer for anyone at the P5 level. He’ll be an ok role player, I guess.
giphy.webp

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If he wanted to play in an up-tempo system, why would he transfer to Iowa State? I guess in relative terms, anything is “up-tempo” in comparison to Virginia, but Iowa State doesn’t really play particularly fast or up-tempo.

Also, Jacobson isn’t going to be an impact performer for anyone at the P5 level. He’ll be an ok role player, I guess.

giphy.webp