Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I don't know that Iowa State has had a PG in the last 8 years that was worse than Gesell. He was pretty bad. I loved watching him meltdown against us when they blew that 20 point lead. That was a fun game to attend.
I don't think we've had a point guard in our whole history as bad as the PG turds Fran has put on the court the past 9 years.

• Agree
Reactions: 1976

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don't know that Iowa State has had a PG in the last 8 years that was worse than Gesell. He was pretty bad. I loved watching him meltdown against us when they blew that 20 point lead. That was a fun game to attend.

Bad thing is that he has probably been our best PG in the last 8 years. He was pretty athletic, could handle the rock, was OK at shooting and his defense was good. But he couldn't create much and didn't have the clutch gene.

Aug 26, 2014
Bad thing is that he has probably been our best PG in the last 8 years. He was pretty athletic, could handle the rock, was OK at shooting and his defense was good. But he couldn't create much and didn't have the clutch gene.
I think he was the best one you had under Fran. It's actually pretty unbelievable how horrible all of your point guards have been under him. Before Fran I think there were some decent ones at least, but now...woof.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I think he was the best one you had under Fran. It's actually pretty unbelievable how horrible all of your point guards have been under him. Before Fran I think there were some decent ones at least, but now...woof.

Yep, it has been the missing piece the whole time. Can't land one to save his life. He goes all in for a major recruit and has no back up plan. I'll hold my breath on JT until I see him play next year.

Aug 26, 2014
Yep, it has been the missing piece the whole time. Can't land one to save his life. He goes all in for a major recruit and has no back up plan. I'll hold my breath on JT until I see him play next year.
Do you think his plan was to keep the spot open for his son? That's a bad plan because that kid is not very good.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Do you think his plan was to keep the spot open for his son? That's a bad plan because that kid is not very good.

Have no idea. He is probably the second highest ranked PG he has landed at Iowa though.