Iowa -7 vs ISU

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Are the TEs going to be more involved in the passing game or are you talking about blocking on the edges and in space?
Well the running game is huge, as it was the biggest part of their game plan for our TE's last year. And if blocking well, it could really spring some things for our run game.

But I was thinking more passing. The relatively inexperienced LB core of Iowa going against 3 guys that could play on ISU's front court, will be interesting to see if MC tries to draw things up specifically for the TE's because of their size and being a bit of an unknown in the passing game. (I am also a person who believes Chase Allen has a far bigger role in the passing game this season, admittedly.)

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Well the running game is huge, as it was the biggest part of their game plan for our TE's last year. And if blocking well, it could really spring some things for our run game.

But I was thinking more passing. The relatively inexperienced LB core of Iowa going against 3 guys that could play on ISU's front court, will be interesting to see if MC tries to draw things up specifically for the TE's because of their size and being a bit of an unknown in the passing game. (I am also a person who believes Chase Allen has a far bigger role in the passing game this season, admittedly.)

That's funny.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You could argue the QB that makes the least amount of mistakes wins the game for their team. The talent gap isn't that big so minimizing mistakes and turnovers is huge

Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Civilized Convo. But, Why? Honestly, that is what I've been hearing about Iowa. I don't know any players names on Iowa just going off of the scouting reports I read and the things I hear on KXNO.

If they are an experienced group, apologies.

Haha, no, they're totally inexperienced. Nothing relative about it.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
I never said that. I don't think we were better than Oklahoma or TCU last year just because we beat them just like I don't believe Iowa was better than Ohio State or Iowa State last year just because they beat them too. The best team doesn't always win
In the end the team that wins is the better team. Hard to dispute that.

• Disagree
Reactions: JP4CY

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Why has it become important for Iowa and Iowa State fans to proclaim that the other side wants the game more? Is this somehow a bad thing?

Its a tired shtick used by both sides.

If I thought any coach we had didn't want to kick the sh_t out of the next team on the schedule, I would can them in a heartbeat.

Some like to setup an excuse in case we lose to the team in question.

I don't know if the hoks are the team I want to see us beat most or not but I sure as hell feel like crap if we lose to them if for no other reason than they are such a douche bag fan base.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
If you'd like to pretend upsets don't happen in athletics be my guest
Upsets certainly happen, but upsets are based on third party rankings. In the end the goal is to score more points than the other team, and whoever does that is better.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Upsets certainly happen, but upsets are based on third party rankings. In the end the goal is to score more points than the other team, and whoever does that is better.

Agree to disagree. Oklahoma was a better team than us last year

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
No a composite is just that. Why do clone fans have to pick and chose what counts in order to measure up to Iowa?

It has nothing to do with Iowa, but I will not trust a poll that had Alabama at 8 at seasons end last year. This is just a composite of a bunch of people in their parents basement!