Interview with Iowa State Strikeout Leader - Dave Flattery

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
I came across this interview after someone posted one of these episodes in the basketball forum and thought it was a nice trip down memory lane of when ISU had a baseball program. I know it is probably out of the question nowadays but I wish they could bring the program back. I had forgotten about Larry Corrigan, that guy was a legend!

https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com...red-all-american-pitcher-aka-stories-with-dad
Good stuff. I lived on the same dorm f!oor as Dave and his twin brother Dan the catcher on the team. They are great cyclones.

Reactions: JSmoove

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
Good stuff. I lived on the same dorm f!oor as Dave and his twin brother Dan the catcher on the team. They are great cyclones.

That's pretty interesting. I had forgotten how strong Big 8 baseball was back in the 1980s.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Playing against guys like this prolly helped
bartolo-colon.gif

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Thanks for posting the podcast. growing up I lived just 2 houses down from the Flattery's. Great Cyclone and Dave and his family are about as upstanding of individuals as you will find IMO.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lamoni and JSmoove

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
I really enjoyed the stories as well so I was happy to post it. I wonder what the cost would be to bring the program back nowadays. $25M? I know they have made some improvements to Capp Timm but they would probably need a complete overhaul to complete in the Big XII today. Probably $25-$35M