Interesting weekend on tap for the BCS...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Don't know if anybody's looked ahead to this weekend yet, but it could really get interesting. Lots of teams have some tough games ahead of them that would really mess up the rankings. Take a look (all rankings are BCS):

#1 Ohio State: at #25 Penn State
#2 Boston College: at #8 Virginia Tech
#3 Louisiana State: BYE
#4 Arizona State: hosts #21 California
#5 Oregon: hosts #12 USC
#6 Oklahoma: BYE
#7 West Virginia: at #27 Rutgers
#8 Virginia Tech: hosts #2 Boston College
#9 Kansas: at #36 Texas A&M
#10 South Florida: at #23 Connecticut

Lots of big games...which ones look the most interesting?

Last edited:

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
The VT / BC contest is one that will have a big impact...if VT wins as I suspect they will, that will help LSU out a great deal...both because it puts a loss onto someone currently ahead of them...but also because they pounded VT earlier in the season.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Don't know if anybody's looked ahead to this weekend yet, but it could really get interesting. Lots of teams have some tough games ahead of them that would really mess up the rankings. Take a look (all rankings are BCS):

#1 Ohio State: at #25 Penn State
#2 Boston College: at #8 Virginia Tech
#3 Louisiana State: BYE
#4 Arizona State: hosts #21 California
#5 Oregon: hosts #12 USC
#6 Oklahoma: BYE
#7 West Virginia: at #27 Rutgers
#8 Virginia Tech: hosts #2 Boston College
#9 Kansas: at #36 Texas A&M
#10 South Florida: at #23 Connecticut

Lots of big games...which ones look the most interesting?

Of all the weeks to be out of town at a wedding.... :realmad:

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Man BYE has to play Okla and LSU on the same weekend, that has to be rough on them. I see they play ISU next week too. Maybe Okla and LSU will wear them down enough to give ISU a shot for win number 2!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
This is why I love the BCS. Say what you want, but THIS is a playoff weekend.

If there was a playoff, none of these games would really be that big of a deal. I love that from week 1, every game means something. It's one of the main reasons why I am really starting to dislike the NFL. Did the Bears Eagles game this weekend mean something for each team? Sure, but it wasn't a season-killer if either team lost.