Interesting Thread on Hornfans.com

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
The classsic line was "Who can we petition to get these guys booted from the Big 12 anyway... "

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I like how outside of OU and Texas the Big 12 stinks.

Maybe if there was some true revenue sharing from TV, the landscape would be a lot like when these Texas teams joined the league, domination by the North.

BTW, can Pollard get the Big 12 to try and impose some financial penalties against Fox not allowing the broadcast of the game. Not only did Mediacom take a bath on that, but I bet ISU lost out on some cash too. Me thinks if it was Texas the Big 12 offices would have something to say about it.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Calm down...

Y'all need to understand that UT fans are to the state of Texas what EIU fans are to the state of Iowa...

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Except for the fact that Texas fans have a lot more room to talk than EIU fans.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Some posts were a little alarming, but I'm sure those are all the same fans who wanted Mack Brown to be fired before 2005, too.

akclone

Bookie
Nov 28, 2006
I hate Texas...arrogant pricks...all the Texas schools have benefited more from the merger with the Big 8 than we(big 8 schools) did ...go back to the SWC..oh ay defunct....
Please note time when reading this opst

Last edited by a moderator:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I hate Texas...arrogant pricks...all the Texas schools have benefited more from the merger with the Big 8 than we(big 8 schools) did ...go back to the SWC..oh ay defunct....
Please note time when reading this opst

Been down on Welch Ave tonight have we? :wink:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
You do not know how much I would like for them to come up to "old ****" Ames, IA to have to play the Cyclones which will hurt their BCS title chances by "just having to place us" and then getting the you know what kicked out of them.

God, would that be the all time dream come true.

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
Texas blows. Before Vince, not the team, won the championship UT was a joke. I still despise Brown from the year he cried and cried after their last game to make the BCS (2003?)

Who can we petetion to convince Mexico to take Texas back?

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Don't get me wrong, I usually like UT fans. They were very hospitable last year when we were down there, and I'm sure the people on that board are representing a minor part of their fanbase. However, after reading all that, I wouldn't mind seeing TCU walk into Austin next week and give them a slap in the face.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I noticed a few posts contain some hostility and wanted to remind everyone to please refrain from using vulgar language. We have a wide demographic of members visiting this site and we like to keep the posts clean so that everyone can enjoy the site's information!

Thank you,
The CycloneFanatic Moderating Team

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
In terms of people I have run into far more problems with A&M fans where I live. Most of my UT neighbors seem to be more knowledgeable and more fun to watch games with.
I do understand some frustrations towards the North in the Big12. And if you look at us during the majority of the Big12 we really haven't done our part in helping the conference.
I'm not saying that we don't belong, I just can't wait for the day that we are contenders again for at least the North, and hopefully someday the entire conference.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
IMO, the dumbass UT fans who rip on the North for sucking have no one to blame but the B12 Commissioner himself (who is no longer the commish) for signing on to that stupid-*** TV package.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Most of the Texas fans bashing us are still hurt over Chizik leaving them for us. There wouldn't have been any discussion in Texas about Iowa State winning or losing if we didn't have Chizik. Its nothing more than some hurt egos over on that message board.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I took a lot of good-natured heat yesterday from my UT alum coworkers, but before this game I hadn't encountered anyone who has voiced any displeasure or animosity towards Chizik. Funny how after one game, they all come out of the woodwork and starting slinging mud.

And as an ISU fan, I've been treated with a sort of humorous neglect, like, "Oh, look, the little Cyclone fan is trying to win. He thinks he's us. How cute." I, too, greatly anticipate the day when we can put Texas in their place. Until then, however, I am forced to hope that they somehow blow it against Arkansas State today so I can have some measure of peace.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
What do you guys expect from Texas fans? Quite frankly, we are possibly the most embarassing team in the conference right now. Start beating Kent State putting up a fight against Big 12 South schools and we might get some respect.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron