Interesting Story on Floyd when he was at USC

Jun 14, 2010
Actually, if anyone looks bad in that article, it was the author. Just another blogger going with the crowd.

So, Floyd gets ****** that a commit who he has recruited for years, starts looking around on signing day, or at least is not sure. Big deal. So he tells the kid that he is not truthful and afraid of competition? Blunt, but not unethical. We have all seen Floyd, he is a fiery competitor that gets kids to play tough- he is in your face. I applaud TF for not deceiving the kid like so many do to get the LOI.

I find it interesting this kid ends up to ASU after committing to USC, then transfers after one year to New Mexico. Anyone that knows what Alford and his bag-man Neal were up to at Iowa should be able to piece it together.

Imo, this "information" confirms the thought that it was the widespread corruption of the USC "family" that caused the violations. Floyd is just guilty of not stopping them (not that anyone would be able to).

Last edited:

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I didn't think this was that bad, either.

In other words, if this was the worst thing that Floyd has done, he's probably one of the cleanest mid-high level coaches out there.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Sophomore year in college had a date cancel on me Saturday afternoon. Went to the bar to drown my sorrows. Met another girl that happen to know the @#$%^ that bailed on me. After about an hour she asked if I could give her and her best friend a ride home. Probably not relevant but every time I hear one door closes and another opens, I can't help but think back to the greatest night of my life. :spinny:

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Actually, if anyone looks bad in that article, it was the author. Just another blogger going with the crowd.

So, Floyd gets ****** that a commit who he has recruited for years, starts looking around on signing day, or at least is not sure. Big deal. So he tells the kid that he is not truthful and afraid of competition? Blunt, but not unethical. We have all seen Floyd, he is a fiery competitor that gets kids to play tough- he is in your face. I applaud TF for not deceiving the kid like so many do to get the LOI.

I find it interesting this kid ends up to ASU after committing to USC, then transfers after one year to New Mexico. Anyone that knows what Alford and his bag-man Neal were up to at Iowa should be able to piece it together.

Imo, this "information" confirms the thought that it was the widespread corruption of the USC "family" that caused the violations. Floyd is just guilty of not stopping them (not that anyone would be able to).

Sounds like you think ole Timmy is pure as the wind driven snow?! This just in...he is not!

By the way, do you know that he has never coached a team past the Sweet 16? Never.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I didn't think it was bad either. Brash ? yes, but unethical ? No.

Also, is that really true ? Judging from Walker's case where he ended up transferring to another school where Steve Alford is the coach, at least there should be some questions about his characters.

I also read the link in that story about the interview with the author. The author highlights the problems of the hype surrounding kids, which is nothing new. The media has a share in creating this situation

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
QUOTE]

uh, the author has a pulitzer prize for exposing the academic cheating a Minnesota under Clem Haskins. he's not exactly "another blogger."

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Sophomore year in college had a date cancel on me Saturday afternoon. Went to the bar to drown my sorrows. Met another girl that happen to know the @#$%^ that bailed on me. After about an hour she asked if I could give her and her best friend a ride home. Probably not relevant but every time I hear one door closes and another opens, I can't help but think back to the greatest night of my life. :spinny:

Playing board games with your new acquaintances?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron