Instate recruiting

isucy

Jul 15, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
I posted this a while back (July maybe?) and I continue to believe this. We NEED to pick up our instate recruiting. If yesterday was obvious enough, we need to compete for the instate talent.

Has anyone heard anything on James Kohler or Andre Dawson?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Why? Why not go get out of state talent? There really isnt that much talent in this state.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Why? Why not go get out of state talent? There really isnt that much talent in this state.

Completely agree.

Signed,

Sash (3 picks), Greenwood (2 picks), Wegher (100 yards), Keenan Davis (TD), Sandemann, Angerer,

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
Adam robinson,Wegher,donahue,angerer,Keenan Davis, sash all played great. They are all from Iowa (well, wegher went to highschool in Iowa atleast)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I have only seen one high school game so far this year, and it was Linn-Mar remember though they are 3-0. Linn-Mar has two guys I think we need to get on, one is a running back with great vision and a good deal of speed. The other is a defensive back that fly's around the field making plays, he might even lead the team in tackles...as a sophomore.

isucy

Jul 15, 2009
Chicago, Illinois

As other posters have pointed out, theres actually a fair amount of talent in Iowa. Not as deep as Texas,California,Florida or Ohio(which is another place I would like to see us recruit). However there are plenty of examples on Iowas AND Uni's rosters.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
We need the best talent we can get, regardless of where they are from. I'd like to see us get in on more Minnesota kids - they seem to produce pretty decent talent, their only D1 university isn't that good at football, and their already used to the weather.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
We need the best talent we can get, regardless of where they are from. I'd like to see us get in on more Minnesota kids - they seem to produce pretty decent talent, their only D1 university isn't that good at football, and their already used to the weather.

I'd like to see this too as well as getting in more with some wisconsin recruits

wsrgohawks

Sep 13, 2008
Rural Bremer County
I posted this a while back (July maybe?) and I continue to believe this. We NEED to pick up our instate recruiting. If yesterday was obvious enough, we need to compete for the instate talent.

Has anyone heard anything on James Kohler or Andre Dawson?

Iowa St. is not in the running for Dawson. And are likely trailing Stanford for the services of Kohler.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Why would you even reply to this guy. For every pint of clone kool aid we drink has a gallon or two of the squawk variety. Ignore him. Maybe he will go away! Or maybe he can try to take off the glasses and give some feed back we may want to read.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The only reason I didn't list Wisconsin as a state I'd recruit more is due to their percieved popularity. The Packers are in a different city than the Badgers, so the university doesn't get overshadowed like I've heard the Gophers do. I would have also mentioned the Dakotas, but they are so sparsely populated that the reward vs. the effort probably would not be worth it.

wsrgohawks

Sep 13, 2008
Rural Bremer County
If you actually think Dawson would even consider going to Iowa St. you are delusional. I would be willing to bet you any money Dawson doesn't end up at Iowa St.

For the record, I'm not certain he will end up at Iowa either. Next year Iowa will have 4 pretty good sophomore running backs in Wegher, Brinson, Robinson, and Hampton.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Yeah thats a great idea...fight over 5 D-1 prospects when you can go to Texas & Florida where there are 1000 D-1 prospects!!!

Last year there were like...500 high school football players in Texas that signed division one scholarship offers....

I notice that Troy and Darren Davis...Seneca Wallace and a host of the best ISU footballers came from out of state, NOT the state of Iowa..

ISU will never compete in the big 12 without getting lots of Texas-Florida talent!!!!