INSTANT REACTION: West Virginia 76, Iowa State 61

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Let me know when we go 0-18 and are the consensus worst team in the conference for like 3-4 years straight. We're not even close to that.
We are in serious danger of being in last 2 out of 3 and maybe 3 out of 4 the way next year is looking already. 0-18 is relative; sure it sucks to not win any games, but last is last. We are sitting at 2 right now, and while there are certainly winnable games left on the schedule, I'm not convinced this team is capable.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
We are in serious danger of being in last 2 out of 3 and maybe 3 out of 4 the way next year is looking already. 0-18 is relative; sure it sucks to not win any games, but last is last. We are sitting at 2 right now, and while there are certainly winnable games left on the schedule, I'm not convinced this team is capable.
Yeah we aren't very good. I think we finish 8-9 with OSU being last. We are bad, but we're a long way from TCU under Trent Johnson bad. I don't know what purpose is served by embellishing how bad we are.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah we aren't very good. I think we finish 8-9 with OSU being last. We are bad, but we're a long way from TCU under Trent Johnson bad. I don't know what purpose is served by embellishing how bad we are.
No purpose really. Just an expression of sympathy toward the few TCU basketball fans there are, that had to endure the Trent era, and kind of an epiphany that this is similar to how they must've felt.

RealtreeByGod

Feb 25, 2014
Prohm has two Big XII championships in 5 years under his belt, I think that's enough hardware to give him at least a little bit more a leash. It's much much easier to recover from a s***ty year in basketball than most other sports.

Though I do agree he's seemingly a pretty big downgrade from Hoiberg, but IDK who would be a good fit as a replacement hire.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Prohm has two Big XII championships in 5 years under his belt, I think that's enough hardware to give him at least a little bit more a leash. It's much much easier to recover from a s***ty year in basketball than most other sports.

Though I do agree he's seemingly a pretty big downgrade from Hoiberg, but IDK who would be a good fit as a replacement hire.
You are correct. Prohm does have two big 12 tournament championships, however when looking at the talent each roster has had in his 5 years, you could argue we have underachieved the majority of his tenure here. And you're absolutely correct about turning things around quickly; much easier in basketball than football. If this team had Shayok and Horton-Tucker, we would be a tournament team. The hope for us is that one or two of our incoming freshman end up being immediate studs, guys that return make huge strides, and we can somehow reel in a good grad-transfer. From where we sit right now, it seems like that's asking a lot. We'll see what happens

Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

*Tournament

Aside from when ISU wins it I can't remember any other B12 tourney champs over the last decade without looking it up. It's really just that unimportant unless the winner needed it to get an auto-bid and you're a fan. Fun for fans as an event, its worthiness can be in question.

And last year was a good reminder of how winning it or losing in the first round carries no weight to what happens the next week (ISU, Texas Tech).

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
*Tournament

Aside from when ISU wins it I can't remember any other B12 tourney champs over the last decade without looking it up. It's really just that unimportant unless the winner needed it to get an auto-bid and you're a fan. Fun for fans as an event, its worthiness can be in question.

And last year was a good reminder of how winning it or losing in the first round carries no weight to what happens the next week (ISU, Texas Tech).
Hey, if we win it this year I'll be doing ******* cartwheels in the snow

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron