INSIDER: What I'm hearing on the scrimmage vs. Wisconsin

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You were upset because of the result of one game against a tournament team? I am not sure you aware of this, but some people call the NCAA tournament "March Madness". It got that name because crazy things can happen in a single elimination tournament. Look it it up sometime.

And he bitched the entire year. We wish he only complained at the end.

the first time we miss a basket in a game he’ll be in the game thread bashing prohm.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You were upset because of the result of one game against a tournament team? I am not sure you aware of this, but some people call the NCAA tournament "March Madness". It got that name because crazy things can happen in a single elimination tournament. Look it it up sometime.

Oh, is that how it works, didnt they lose 5 or 6 in a row in Big 12 play towards the end? Yeah, I wasnt upset about that, just the one game. :rolleyes:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
No I dont, I didnt freak out the dumpster fire year because I knew the talent and experience just wasnt there. I feel the same way going into this season, if they exceed expectations then I'll be thrilled because that means they are a tourney team.

come on. Of course you do.

• Agree
Reactions: inCyteful

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
By all means post a link to this.

Lmao, bro, i dont have time to dig through 14 month old posts, I know you do, but I dont. You guys turn every thread into a dumpster fire because I simply state the reality of the situation.

So here's how I stand for the record on this years team, they lost alot more talent than they have returning, initial practice returns havent been that encouraging, and experts have them picked 7th. All that equals a fringe bubble team, so if they perform above that level than Ill be happy with the season.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
We suck against the Big 10, including scrimmages, we just can't beat them. Well, Illinois, but they suck

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
Any chance the first half was all starters and second half was trying different combinations?

Also, thought someone said Wisconsin was solid, but I didn't see them in preseason polls plus think i saw they a player was ruled ineligible. Wondering how solid they really are.

Reactions: Cyclone1995

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Lmao, bro, i dont have time to dig through 14 month old posts, I know you do, but I dont. You guys turn every thread into a dumpster fire because I simply state the reality of the situation.

So here's how I stand for the record on this years team, they lost alot more talent than they have returning, initial practice returns havent been that encouraging, and experts have them picked 7th. All that equals a fringe bubble team, so if they perform above that level than Ill be happy with the season.

Please learn to use the search feature.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why would I be upset when I have zero expectations? The only reason I was upset last year was because that was the apex of Prohm's talented recruiting classes and the only thing they did was lose to the worst at-large team in the NCAA tourney.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the talent level is down from last year, so why would anybody be upset if they finish 7th? Like I said before, if Prohm gets these guys into the tourney it will be his best coaching job so far and should warrant COY considerations.

Lmao, bro, you didnt even go to Iowa State, you told me you went to Grand View. Remember?

An early start.

• Winner
Reactions: JP4CY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Any chance the first half was all starters and second half was trying different combinations?

Also, thought someone said Wisconsin was solid, but I didn't see them in preseason polls plus think i saw they a player was ruled ineligible. Wondering how solid they really are.

I would assume a very good chance. The staff is ramping up for their first game rotation strategy and will want to see as many combos in these situations as they can.

It is possible they played starters for the first have and only freshman in the second. If I were the staff I'd play the 1st half like a you expect game one and in the second experiment, Haliburton playing PF going small, test different PG combos, have Conditt and Jacobson shoot three's, Zone Defense box n' 1, ect. Get weird. It is more about each play rather the end score result.

Wisconsin has experienced roster that is use to play together for years, not surprising they would be ready early in the season compared to ISU's roster which had all the summer turnover.

Last edited:

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

You are the only thing that I wasn't looking forward to this bball season.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This guy is a Hawkeye in disguise. He is not an ISU fan
Disguise? Not very good one...

I love basketball season, I really do. Hilton is my happy place. The only drawback is that it brings out this Jereseib twit & some of his pals to pollute the site with their "truth bombs".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron