INSIDER: Kempt, any additional signees coming?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
I guess I don't see a bad throw. I see a throw that had to be high because the defenders had underneath coverage. A high throw your receiver has a chance at and the defenders don't. It was second down so if Marchie doesn't make the play they have another shot at the TD. That's a throw a guy makes who knows it is more important to keep possession than it is to force it into coverage on 2nd down. And he made that throw retreating with a defender coming right into his grill at full speed.

Honestly I couldn't tell if the pass was intended for Murdock, Butler or Lazard. It looked as if Murdock wouldn't have tipped it, it would have been more for Butler. Any which way drop it in the midst of those three and someone is bound to catch it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Pretty sure today is the day.
Jennifer-Love-Hewitt-opulent-actress.gif

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I'm actually pretty shocked that some fans are ready to move on from Kempt. Here's some interesting stats to show how good he was.

If you take his average yards per game in games he started and finished (i removed the okst game because he was clearly injured before he was pulled) and he averaged 240 yards per game. If you extrapolate that over a 13 game season he would've thrown for 3120 yards, firmly in second place on the single season records behind Seneca Wallace's 3245 (achieved in a 14 game season.)

He was historically good, and I'm not sure why people don't see that. Because he doesn't throw a fastball? Either did Greg Maddux and it worked out fine for him.

I still think it should be an open competition, but if Kyle comes back and wins it I think we all should be very excited about next year.
It's a pretty small group, but people that think it will be bad if Kempt comes back because they want Zeb to start make no sense to me. If Zeb is better he will start and we have excellent experienced depth. Otherwise they are suggesting Campbell and Manning are going to start the wrong guy.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU and BCClone

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The amount of hate for the #17 QBR around here is head scratching, yet amusing.

#17 folks. That is what some would call elite...

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy