Injuries: Knott might be out for the season; Wimberly to miss KSU

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
I know a lot of us expect a "Rhoad's Special" every year now since he has a history of winning a game people don't expect him to...I just didn't think that it might be the Kansas game this year with our youth, injuries and some fans giving up on the rest of the season...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Calling him "DIII talent" and comparing him to a 7th grader kinda seems like an attack to me.

I'll put it this way: I'm a young, relatively inexperienced attorney. I do my job pretty well (according to my supervisors), but it's safe to say I'm not going to go down as the greatest attorney who ever lived. Ff you threw me out there to litigate against against a Johnny Cochran level attorney, would undoubtedly get worked over like a rented mule. Practicing in rural Iowa, I should have a long, prosperous career. But I would undoubtedly be in over my head arguing in front of the Supreme Court at this point in time.

If someone told me that, I wouldn't take it as an "attack". It's the truth. It doesn't mean I can't do what I do well, but we all have our ceilings and abilities based on experience and raw ability, and if my supervisors were to throw me up against the best lawyers on the face of the planet, it would be ridiculous for anyone to expect a great outcome.

It's not an attack, it's just being honest. If Miller goes out and plays at the level you would expect a D1 football player to play at, I'll eat my words, but based on what I've seen he doesn't have the talent for this level, and it's unfair to him to expect that out of him. Lord knows most people don't have the ability to play D1 football. I sure as hell don't, and I'm guessing that with the exception of the handful of ex players on this site, most of our posters aren't anywhere close to D1 talent.

Last edited:

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
I'll put it this way: I'm an attorney, with less than two years of practice under my belt. I do my job pretty well (according to my supervisors), but if you threw me out there to litigate against against a Johnny Cochran level attorney, I'd probably get worked over like a rented mule.

If someone told me that, I wouldn't take it as an "attack". It's the truth. It doesn't mean I can't do what I do well, but we all have our ceilings and abilities based on experience and raw ability, and if my supervisors were to throw me up against the best lawyers on the face of the planet, it would be ridiculous for anyone to expect a great outcome.

It's not an attack, it's just being honest. If Miller goes out and plays at the level you would expect a D1 football player to play at, I'll eat my words, but based on what I've seen he doesn't have the talent for this level, and it's unfair to him to expect that out of him. Lord knows most people don't have the ability to play D1 football. I sure as hell don't, and I'm guessing that with the exception of the handful of ex players on this site, most of our posters aren't anywhere close to D1 talent.

Perhaps you chose the wrong profession. Maybe recruiting/coaching is your calling. Just being honest, or not, you are implying that you can evaluate talent better than Rhoads and company. Because you can't see what the staff can see in Miller, doesn't mean he should be playing DIII football. The kid has some big shoes to try and fill with the level of talent that has been at LB over the last 5 years or so in Ames. He probably won't ever measure up in comparison, but I'm not the only one who noticed a vast improvement in his play. If he continues to improve at even half the clip he has thus far, he'll be just fine.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Perhaps you chose the wrong profession. Maybe recruiting/coaching is your calling. Just being honest, or not, you are implying that you can evaluate talent better than Rhoads and company. Because you can't see what the staff can see in Miller, doesn't mean he should be playing DIII football. The kid has some big shoes to try and fill with the level of talent that has been at LB over the last 5 years or so in Ames. He probably won't ever measure up in comparison, but I'm not the only one who noticed a vast improvement in his play. If he continues to improve at even half the clip he has thus far, he'll be just fine.

When the staff pulled him at halftime of the UNI game and then didn't him play him until they were absolutely forced to, it tells me that the staff might feel they made a mistake.

Do you have to be a chef to know when food doesn't right? No. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not the end of the world. But given the body of work, whenever Miller has played, average football offensive football players have career days. I watched David Johnson run for 30 yards against the FCS Southern Illinois Salukis. They absolutely stuffed him. Miller was incapable of making those plays. OSU's back up running back had a career day again on Saturday.

Again, I'm not saying Miller is a bad football player, or a bad person, or trying to mock him. I'm not saying I could do it better. I do however feel that his talent level is not appropriate for the level that our coaching staff has chosen to play him at. If that makes me an *******, fine.

The next time you get an undercooked meal, better keep it to yourself.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'll put it this way: I'm a young, relatively inexperienced attorney. I do my job pretty well (according to my supervisors), but it's safe to say I'm not going to go down as the greatest attorney who ever lived. Ff you threw me out there to litigate against against a Johnny Cochran level attorney, would undoubtedly get worked over like a rented mule. Practicing in rural Iowa, I should have a long, prosperous career. But I would undoubtedly be in over my head arguing in front of the Supreme Court at this point in time.

How would you feel about a legal critique by a bunch of people who had never been to law school?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not to be too inflammatory, but.. at this point, does it matter whether this team wins 1 game or 2/3? I know it sucks to watch, but does it really make a difference?

Something about double digits in the L column that just looks one hell of a lot worse than 3-9.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
[/B]I agree with you, however, aside from a couple other posters, most seem to have their minds made up about him. I hate to see the personal attacks on him as he's just a kid out there doing the best he can. He played far from poor last Saturday.

KSU has one good receiver so he may have a good game. If they send Hubert out in his area for a pass, he may have trouble. Many people were missing tackles on Saturday.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I wasn't impressed with Miller at the onset of the season. But wasn't impressed with George either. George improved a lot, and Miller has gotten better. I haven't gone back and analyzed his plan on Saturday, but I don't remember him blowing dozens of plays like all the LB's against UNI.

And against K-State, our defense won't be the reason we lose. I mean, it's not helping anything, but if the offense bones up, and stays on the field, it'll be fine. With Wimberly out, that's is much much hard. But face it, Mess would have taken him out as soon as he got into a rhythm anyway. :jimlad:

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am
When the staff pulled him at halftime of the UNI game and then didn't him play him until they were absolutely forced to, it tells me that the staff might feel they made a mistake.

Do you have to be a chef to know when food doesn't right? No. Everyone makes mistakes. It's not the end of the world. But given the body of work, whenever Miller has played, average football offensive football players have career days. I watched David Johnson run for 30 yards against the FCS Southern Illinois Salukis. They absolutely stuffed him. Miller was incapable of making those plays. OSU's back up running back had a career day again on Saturday.

Again, I'm not saying Miller is a bad football player, or a bad person, or trying to mock him. I'm not saying I could do it better. I do however feel that his talent level is not appropriate for the level that our coaching staff has chosen to play him at. If that makes me an *******, fine.

The next time you get an undercooked meal, better keep it to yourself.

Hey, don't get bent out of shape. Nowhere do I refer to you as an *******. Nor did anyone else. I'm just emphasizing how this site appears to be abundant with top tier recruiters and coaches who could do a much better job than Rhoads and staff..............................in their own estimation. Just cuz Miller was pulled during the UNI game doesn't mean that he doesn't have the tools necessary to be good at some point. Look at the kid and its not hard to tell what his strengths and weaknesses are/will be. My guess is that he will probably be a situational player.

My original point was simple. Miller played decent last Saturday and he looks much improved from the UNI game. Nothing more.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron