Incarnate Word season watch thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
True for a Paul Rhoads coached team, but with this team it would take a hell of a lousy performance to lose to IW. Idk anyone would be concerned of that.

We went down by 10 points against a legitimate team. A Rhoads team would have packed it in. A McCarney team would have packed it in. A Walden team would have punted on third down the rest of the game. This team won. I think we could spot IW 21 points at the start and still win.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not necessarily. Bowl committees are aware of things like cancelled games. Poll voters and talking heads are not.
I mean yes, but bowl committees aren't necessarily looking for the 'best' teams, they are looking for the most attractive matchup (among other things, such as ratings and attendance).

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
IW pulled the upset today and is in a 3 way tie for first in their conference. Each of the 3 teams is 1-1 against the other 2 if I followed things correctly. IW only has 1 game left before the potential ISU game. Hopefully ISU makes the Big 12 champ game and it won't matter what IW did.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
For what all the Squawk fans say is a nothing team they keep beating some of the top teams in FCS this year.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
We went down by 10 points against a legitimate team. A Rhoads team would have packed it in. A McCarney team would have packed it in. A Walden team would have punted on third down the rest of the game. This team won. I think we could spot IW 21 points at the start and still win.

A good Fred Hoiberg coached team packed it in.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
10 conference champions get an automatic bid:
Big Sky
Big South
Colonial
Missouri Valley
Northeast
Ohio Valley
Patriot
Pioneer
Southern
Southland (UIW is in this one)

I didn't even look at the original context of your question. I assumed you were referring to Iowa State. I apologise.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
IW pulled the upset today and is in a 3 way tie for first in their conference. Each of the 3 teams is 1-1 against the other 2 if I followed things correctly. IW only has 1 game left before the potential ISU game. Hopefully ISU makes the Big 12 champ game and it won't matter what IW did.

Do you (or anyone) know the tie breaker scenarios? How likely are they to not be avial on Dec. 1st?

We really need that game. Both for the experience factor (2nd, 3rd string guys) and for moving up in our bowl positioning. (of course CCG would be better!)

Last edited: