In-State football recruiting, news, and gossip

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
every other Big12 team outside of OU would be 10+ point dogs in Ames, as not a one of them is close to Wisconsin or Penn St.
Wisconsin is a lot better than TCU? I disagree strongly with that. Heck even Texas, Kansas State and Oklahoma State could be thrown in there with them

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
ISU should be 8-1 by this logic as well going into the Big12 championship game. If you think Wisconsin or Penn St. Would be 7 point dogs in Ames, then every other Big12 team outside of OU would be 10+ point dogs in Ames, as not a one of them is close to Wisconsin or Penn St.
Iowa State will be a favorite in every game, sans Oklahoma, by at least 6 points. Every game at home they will be favored by more than 8. So yes Iowa State should likely finish 10-2 but Iowa should finish 12-0.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I’m guessing they will be a one or two point Favorite at home against Penn State. Probably a pick ‘em for at Wisconsin. I’m also concerned about the Maryland game at Maryland on a Friday night. Just feels extremely trappish.
No. Iowa would be a 2.5 or 3.0 point favorite on a neutral against Penn State. Kinnick is a five point bump. They will be 7.5 or 8.0 against Penn State. Maybe 5.5 or 6.0 on the road against Wisconsin but they have some issues. Maryland is the 12th best team in the Big 10 and Iowa will be a 17-18.5 point road favorite in that game. It would be similar to Iowa State losing at Texas Tech.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
No. Iowa would be a 2.5 or 3.0 point favorite on a neutral against Penn State. Kinnick is a five point bump. They will be 7.5 or 8.0 against Penn State. Maybe 5.5 or 6.0 on the road against Wisconsin but they have some issues. Maryland is the 12th best team in the Big 10 and Iowa will be a 17-18.5 point road favorite in that game. It would be similar to Iowa State losing at Texas Tech.
Maryland is 2-0 with a win over WVA and they have some gifted players, including their QB

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Maryland is 2-0 with a win over WVA and they have some gifted players, including their QB
Their o-line is ******* terrible and Iowa is the best defense in the country. Now you guys are scared of a team that is power ranked as being better than only 10 P5 programs in the country. They beat West Virginia by 6 (at College Park) because they were +4 in the Turnover margin. Then they beat Howard who has won two games at FCS in the last two years. Give me a break. Talk about lowering the bar.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
There is not a single team on Iowa’s schedule that wouldn’t be a TD underdog to Iowa State at Trice. Safe to say that Iowa should absolutely be 12-0 going into title game against Ohio State. They will be favored by at least six points in all of their remaining games.
Lol if you think Penn State would be a TD underdog at Iowa State. Delusional.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
There is not a single team on Iowa’s schedule that wouldn’t be a TD underdog to Iowa State at Trice. Safe to say that Iowa should absolutely be 12-0 going into title game against Ohio State. They will be favored by at least six points in all of their remaining games.
Solid point. ISU is absolutely tough as nails in the games that never actually happen.

Reactions: blackuniforms

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
See below in (...........................)

So what is the reality? You literally copied and pasted a section of the summary. You never actually read the report. (Incorrect, but likely applies to you) Shocking that you’re a liar too. (Incorrect, but likely applies to you) I mean I’m stunned

Why did you skip the part that directly preceded that section (My post is about KF being racist, so this portion is obviously not germane).

here since you never actually read it (maybe, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt), I’ll share it with you. (I'm thinking since I know how it was developed (in very great detail), you cherry picking portions isn't going to do me much good)

*While our report does recount specific allegations and incidents relayed to us, we recount these allegations and incidents in the context of assessing the program’s culture and the perceptions of current and former players. Some of the specific allegations and incidents we describe were corroborated by numerous witnesses. Other specific allegations and incidents, however, were disputed and/or were uncorroborated. We were not asked to determine the veracity of any specific allegation or incident. Therefore, our reciting of a given allegation or incident in this report is not a determination that the allegation or incident occurred as reported.*1 (That's pretty common language in these matters)

2*Specific allegations of mistreatment made against current and former employees have been summarized and provided to the University in four separate personnel reports they have, I'm aware of this, again, in great detail)* 3 from Husch Blackwell so that they may be addressed, as appropriate, pursuant to the institution’s personnel policies and procedures. 4(and they have been, and in one case are big addressed)

I'm not clear what your point really is. I merely asked you to post a link to substantiate the many accusations in this thread that Kirk Ferentz was racist. 5After you interjected yourself. There is simply no evidence to support this, 6and that really all I said. I'm sorry this upsets you.
1) No quotation marks identifying a copy/paste.

2) No left parentheses indicating an insertion.

3) Is there a complete sentence in this neighborhood? Nope.

4) Is this a comment or an addendum? Parenthesis are not needed and quotation marks should have identified the cut/paste statement. Finally, "and in one case are big addressed".

Your level of thinking should have said "bigly addressed". With a "." at the end.

5) A person does not "interject", they "inject" themself. Also, "After you interjected yourself." is a fragment of a sentence.

6) Did you really write this as an intellectual response? Such an indictment of the

6) ,....."and that I really I said." is so sad.

A "criticalobserver" should present themself as someone with much more intelligence, intellectual polish and, for eff's sake, proper writing skills.

• Dumb
Reactions: criticalobserver

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Iowa State will be a favorite in every game, sans Oklahoma, by at least 6 points. Every game at home they will be favored by more than 8. So yes Iowa State should likely finish 10-2 but Iowa should finish 12-0.
You don't know much about football if you think that just because a team is favored by 2-4 points that you then just chalk it up to victory. How did that turn out for ISU vs Iowa?

The fact is Iowa won't go 12-0, and likely will be 10-2. They will absolutely lose at Wisconsin, they never beat them anyway. Iowa will also likely play a less than stellar game along the way against someone else and they will get beat in conference by somebody (possibly by Penn St., Maryland, or Northwestern). Heck even Nebraska has played Iowa tough, (as it is their) Super Bowl the last few years.

Now if Iowa can play a clean game at Wisconsin they can certainly beat them. If they play clean against the other teams same thing, but the likelihood of Iowa going 12-0 is pretty small.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Iowa already proved you don’t have to be an offensive juggernaut to beat Iowa State. Just knock them around for 3 quarters and Campbell will throw in the towel early.
ISU is just lucky they won't have to face real defenses in the big12. I mean Penn St. and Wisconsin both have legit defenses like Iowa's and ISU's. I mean ISU's starters managed less than 200 yards of offense and turned it over 4 times, they need to get right and start facing some Big12 defenses!

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
ISU is just lucky they won't have to face real defenses in the big12. I mean Penn St. and Wisconsin both have legit defenses like Iowa's and ISU's. I mean ISU's starters managed less than 200 yards of offense and turned it over 4 times, they need to get right and start facing some Big12 defenses!
Well Iowa faced a real defense from the Big 12 and gained 173 yards. I wonder how that will compare to these juggernaut defenses of Penn State and Wisconsin. Somehow I doubt if Pedo State and Bucky keep Iowa below 1.7 yds per carry.

Reactions: Brandon