In Lexington

getcloned

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2008
I stayed there once on a game day...cool as it's attached to a mall and they basically do indoor tailgating.
Also, there is a restaurant about a block away on the corner...had unreal good food...I ate there 4 times in my short stay...can remember the name, but the outside is brown and has a bar in it, but is a more upscale place...watch the game there if not in person.

deSha's is most likely the restaurant you're talking about.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
deSha's is most likely the restaurant you're talking about.
YES! I was racking my brain, but too lazy to google map it. Great food. They had a prime rib sandwich when i went that I still crave.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
It was never loud, and no real chants other than C-A-T-S, and White, Blue. They covered the lights and had spotlights and fireworks at the beginning, so that was cool. They don't have a central scoreboard, they have four corner video boards that are old technology. Apparently they are going to be redoing Rupp soon.

It's the homer in me, but give me Hilton over this or Phog Allen. The only thing they have is "more seats" and history. But Rupp is younger than Hilton. I actually thought Rupp looked a lot like the Well in DSM. And like Kinnick, the footprint isn't any bigger than what we got, they just utilize bench seats and crunch you front to back to add rows and seats.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I was there on business when the 5 or 6 players all announced they were going to the NBA in 2012. We were at a restaurant when the press conference came on. The place went to dead silence to crowd up to the bar watch.

I'll be spending the night in Lexington Saturday on my way to Blacksburg to see my parents for Thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron