In honor of Easter, what's your favorite frozen pizza?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Jack's for the price is tough to beat. Pothole pizzas from KwikStar are ok if you get them after whatever team they support in the fall wins so you can get 2for1 pricing, otherwise they are too expensive for what they are IMO.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Just read an article that said a light dose of lemon zest (or juice) really brings the dead, frozen cheese back to life.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We don't do frozen pizza very often anymore, but I will sometimes still pick up a Pasquale's. I'm sure there are better frozen pizzas out there, but it's almost nostalgia for me, because that's the kind we kept in the house, growing up.

Reactions: JP4CY

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Honestly, we had the take and bake Hy Vee brand recently...not too bad.

But does anyone remember when Hy Vee had these insanely great pizzas called Moose Brothers that came as a sort of pan pizza style in a tin foil type pan to bake it in. This would have been in like the late 80s/early 90s. Holy moses those were incredible.

View attachment 99688
We would always get these growing up but we didn't have a Hy-Vee nearby, I was thinking we picked them up at a gas station (I want to say Kwik Star/Trip in early 90's).

Last edited:
Reactions: dahliaclone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Well you would have plenty of options at this Grocery Store:

I wish. I've found that the selection seems to be shrinking at Hy-Vee and WalMart, maybe because so many new brands are being pushed.

I found a couple that I really enjoyed and now can't find them anywhere. One was a wood fired pizza brand's Margherita Pizza that was surprisingly really good. Only tried it because I thought 'wood fired' taste from a frozen pizza was impossible and a dumb gimmick, but it was delicious.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I recently signed up for the HyVee Plus membership simply because Jacks frozen pizzas were $0.99 if you had it, our freezer is now stocked for the year… Wish I was joking