Imma take my Ball and go.... to Europe?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Good.

giphy.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So LaMelo will wind up without even a high school education? Going to be hard to homeschool your kid from Slovenia.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
So LaMelo will wind up without even a high school education? Going to be hard to homeschool your kid from Slovenia.
That's what the most messed up part is out of all of this imo. One kid isn't going to get a college education & the other isn't going to get a HS one past sophomore year because of dad.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
I know the whole student-athlete thing is a misnomer these days, but he is essentially depriving 2 of his 3 kids of a college education. I give those kids zero chance to survive in Europe. Look at how many grown men bounce from team to team over contract and playing time disputes. No way this ends well.

I think they can probably afford the tuition any time they want.

Reactions: tazclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Before the BIg Baller Brand (if it even makes money), how did Lavar have money?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does anyone know if this is truly what the boys want to do, or is it just Lavar's wishes?

Is there any point where some sort of officials would step in to do a check on this kind of thing, or do kids have no rights? Can a dad just make his boys do whatever he tells them?

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Does anyone know if this is truly what the boys want to do, or is it just Lavar's wishes?

Is there any point where some sort of officials would step in to do a check on this kind of thing, or do kids have no rights? Can a dad just make his boys do whatever he tells them?

Gelo can tell his Dad to **** off, and Melo could sue for Freedom from Parental Custody, but he has those boys so cow whipped that they won't do that.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This actually could be the best move for the kids basketball wise if (big if) Lavar sits back & allows them to actually be coached. Put them on a junior level team in Europe playing against players in a similar age range & let them learn to play actual basketball & not Chino Hills style and it'll do wonders for them. Doubt that happens though.

I agree that going to Europe for a couple years would make high level prospects better basketball players than playing AAU and a year of college would. The problem is it's really hard. Jeremy Tyler couldn't stick it out, Emmanuel Mudiay got hurt and replaced in China, Brandon Jennings has talked about how tough it was for him. And none of these guys had the excess baggage that the Balls will have. It's not a game anymore, you're going up against guys who are doing this for a living.

No high level European team is going to want to waste time developing these guys. LaMelo looks every bit of 16, he's going to get dominated by grown ass men. The only way these two end up playing together is if they find some low level team that wants whatever publicity they can get from signing them.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...-bureau/ar-BBI7c5s?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Big Baller Brand has 'F' rating from Better Business Bureau

When it comes to ordering any merchandise from Big Baller Brand, the new motto is: buyer beware.

Big Baller Brand, the apparel company created by LaVar Ball that represents his three basketball-playing sons, has received an F rating from the Better Business Bureau, as pointed out by TMZ Sports.

A file for the company was opened on April 18, 2017, and 32 complaints have already been filed against the company.

They have received 12 failure to respond to complaints and five complaints that were unresolved. They have a 1 star composite score out of 5. They have 44 reviews on the site — all of which are negative.

People have complained about either not receiving their items or receiving the wrong items.

We know of some famous people who have ordered their products, but it’s unclear whether they’ve ever been received. Bottom line: This is not a good look for the Big Baller Brand.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron