I'm squirming

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Does anyone here remember that feeling you started to get as a kid when you had been sitting in one place too long? I am talking about when you were to the point where you weren't going to blurt out, but you were just about there?

That is exactly how I feel about our MBB program right now. I have allot of faith in Gmac to get the job done, but man, the facts sure are stacking up against him right now.

Here's to hoping we right the ship!

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Does anyone here remember that feeling you started to get as a kid when you had been sitting in one place too long? I am talking about when you were to the point where you weren't going to blurt out, but you were just about there?

That is exactly how I feel about our MBB program right now. I have allot of faith in Gmac to get the job done, but man, the facts sure are stacking up against him right now.

Here's to hoping we right the ship!

I tend to agree with you and feel pretty much the same way. Especially after last year with the discussions of being a Basketball school. It makes me really nervous.

I am not a big fan of the blind faith mentality though, even in the beginning of a coaches career. I'm not saying we have to call for firing's at alll, but, a happy median would be nice. One where we could say we aren't happy with the way things are turning out and not get blasted for it. On paper, the recruits look nice, but, things just aren't panning out on the court. I don't mind discussing this issue at all. It's McD's second year, things should start settling down, not start blowing up.

Hopefully some of this will be lesson's learned for the future. It's not just about picking a good kid, but, also looking into the background of them a little deeper. Trying to get a little more assurance they're in it for the long haul.

Then again, could their be a problem in picking too good of a kid? A kid that's so dedicated to family and doing the right thing for them, that being away at college just isn't in their make up as a person. They'd rather be helping out at home.

A lot of things to discuss or at least contemplate for sure. I don't think all is lost, but, we still have quite a ways to go before we are out of the woods.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Gmac is a good coach and a good man. I've been happy since the day we hired him and I wouldn't trade him for anyone.