if you guys want to win the instate battle

southernfriedCY

Feb 11, 2009
Derby's dad also played for the Hawks. I'd be the equivalent of Harrison Barnes going to the Hawks - absolutely shocking and any phone call from Lick to him is likely a waste of time.

It wouldn't be a total shock, knowing HB's girl interest has signed a LOI to play for eui. I'd say TL has an ace in the hole, so probably "worth his time" to make a call, which I'm sure has already happened.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
EIU or Eastern Iowa University means they cover only part of the state and are not the only sheriff in town.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
you need to offer AJ Derby and Andre Dawson. They are the gems of the Iowa Class of '10 and are great football players.

Oh, BTW, why do some of you guys call Iowa EIU? I know it stands for Eastern Iowa University, but why do you call them that?

No offense but I'll take the players that PR will bring in over them. And why waste time on players that are looking else where and don't have much interest in ISU? Also, it's not even for sure Iowa will be getting them.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
It also kind of a insult to call them that, because any school that has a direction in its name is usually a lesser school. See Northern Iowa or Upper Iowa.

Mar 10, 2009
If iowa didnt get the top 3 or 4 iowa players in cotton, davis, wegher, and boffeli there recruiting class would look like complete crap. I understand its tough getting iowa kids to come to iowa state and hopefully we do go after these two because iowa will end up with them if we dont try are hardest.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I think mostly because Iowa State is the state of Iowa's university (it being a land grant u.) and UI is mostly for Chicago suburbanites and people from eastern Iowa. The "E" conotes proximity to Chicago. There is also the notion that schools with directional names are lesser programs i.e. Eastern Michigan, Northern Colorado, Western Illinios etc. (all state schools).

not all of them....Western Michigan, anyone???

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No offense but I'll take the players that PR will bring in over them. And why waste time on players that are looking else where and don't have much interest in ISU? Also, it's not even for sure Iowa will be getting them.

"Waste"? Some of you guys are funny. Just how much effort do you think it takes to offer a player, anyway? A form letter does the job.

ClimbIowa

Aug 14, 2008

Kool-Aid isn't offensive.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
"Waste"? Some of you guys are funny. Just how much effort do you think it takes to offer a player, anyway? A form letter does the job.
It's not a waste of time to offer, but it would be a waste of time and resources to heavily recruit these guys if they don't want anything to do with ISU.

And what's to say that Rhoads hasn't already called them and they said thanks, but no thanks?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Well its obvious they don't have a lot of interest coming here. So why would we spend time on them when we can be finding other players that have interest to play here. I'm not saying I wouldn't want them here, they are great athletes.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Kool-Aid isn't offensive.

I fail to follow, I never said they aren't good athletes and dont want them or need them, did i? i'd welcome them here, but they don't seem to have any interest here, so why think about it, when we could find other players to come here. Go back to your trolling.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I wouldn't agree that we would bring in better guys...I am sure we will at least give them a call but would doubt we have any shot, much like iowa with HB

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
while I think that Iowa has the in-state recruiting advantage over Iowa State, I do think that it is both school's responsibilities to offer all DI worthy players in the state. Iowa lost out by not offering Jake Knott, Josh Lenz, or Kyle Lichtenberg.