If you don't recognize this, your childhood sucked.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Oh nothing like people acting "superior" to the generation that grew up with video games.

GoldenEye was awesome. Rocket launchers for the win.

I grew up playing video games too. I wasn't acting superior, but kids playing outside seems to be a thing of the past. When I was a kid we played video games most days, but that was usually after playing outside all day.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If you don't remember this, your childhood sucked

children-playing-outside.jpg

For those that don't get the reference, it is kids playing outside.
Horrible graphics, no achievements, no kill streaks.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I grew up playing video games too. I wasn't acting superior, but kids playing outside seems to be a thing of the past. When I was a kid we played video games most days, but that was usually after playing outside all day.

My days consisted of exactly 8 hours of sleep, a well-rounded breakfast, then 14-15 hours playing real sports outside....Oh you "gamerz" and your fancy television graphic machines.

IRL, your post is spot on. Spend all day doing God knows what outside, hit up the swimming pool so you could get kicked out within the last hour of it being open, then head to a buddies place to play videogames all night.....and by all night I mean until 9 or 10.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Man, this makes me want to go back to late elementary school/early middle school summers. Absolutely nothing to worry about nor any real responsibilities. (besides practices for whatever sport you were playing). Days consisted of going to the pool all afternoon, then playing video games till bedtime (if you weren't playing laser tag, hide-and-go seek with the neighborhood kids at night)

Anybody remember this:

Ken_Griffey_Jr._Presents_Major_League_Baseball_SNES_ScreenShot4.jpg

Yeah man... I played it on the Game Boy!

41j%2BFzT6h0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
a bit off topic, but as somebody who basically stopped playing FPS after the n64, how would you say today's FPS compare against goldeneye from a fun factor perspective?

its hard to believe multiplayer gaming getting any better then a 4 person session of goldeneye, but its probably just nostalgia

AdamO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 28, 2010
Ankeny
Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, start. Unlimited lives. BOOM!

35p1ys.jpg

The Konami Code:

Also, this only granted you 30 lives, however that was enough to effectively be "unlimited" unless you were severely video game challenged.

This was indeed an awesome game. Good memories of playing this two-player with my dad.

Last edited:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Loved me some Tony Hawk. I was stoked the first time I pulled of a 900.

Wouldn't call it a childhood staple, but that game was awesome.

AdamO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 28, 2010
Ankeny
One of my earliest memories was unboxing this gem for the ol' Atari 2600:

Digdug.png

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron