If you’re an AD, is TJ Otz on your short list?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I wouldn't see why not, but the last SDSU coach ended up at a mid major. If I were TJ I'd hold out a bit longer. 2 or 3 more years of success and he might not have to settle for that. This year I don't think there are jobs available that sound super appealing.

There might be an opening at Arizona. Or UCLA??????

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wisconsin will hire Tony Bennett if Gard is fired, not TJ
This is assuming Tony Bennett want to go back to Wisconsin. He has a good thing going in UVA. up. It is his home and could continue his family basketball legacy but it isn't a better job. There are rumors him going to the NBA too. Bucks are looking for a coach this summer....

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Would love to see him at DePaul. That program really should be doing much better than it is. It's pretty much been dead for 20 years.
Probably longer than that in all reality. Kennedy did have some success.

Reactions: cyfanatic

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
If I am an AD, I am looking at Dan Hurley (Rhode Island). Though Nate Oats out of Buffalo just upped his stock a good amount.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Yeah, I think Kennedy had some shady recruiting practices and that's where the wheels fell off (again). I checked and Meyer's last year he had 3 wins. That was pretty much the end for him.

I hope TJ does well, but wouldn't mind seeing him stay at SDSU a couple more years.

Joey's dad Ray was a legend that coached for DePaul for many years and brought in a ton of Chicago talent. Joey kept that going for quite a while and then for some reason the program started to just fall apart. It really hasn't come close to reaching the old glory days since.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Joey's dad Ray was a legend that coached for DePaul for many years and brought in a ton of Chicago talent. Joey kept that going for quite a while and then for some reason the program started to just fall apart. It really hasn't come close to reaching the old glory days since.

I grew up about a half mile from DePaul and was a fan when I was in high school. It was fun when they were good. I didn't really follow them during the big glory years under Ray. Started following under Joey.

This is a little before my time, but I remember this type of commercial (though I remember the tempo being quicker):