If we don't win the Big XII this year...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Well sure. But teams that are "up" don't lose to Arkansas State. Guess what, ISU isn't "up" at this point either, and nobody is talking about how KSU should win the conference even after they beat OU.
Take 35-40 guys off Matt's roster and see how up your team is because that's what Klieman had to face playing Arkansas State. He should never have played that game.

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
IMO 1976 Team was probably the Best. for those of you to young to know this team, go watch them beat Nebraska on You Tube. If I remember correctly, Nebraska,Oklahoma and Colorado were ranked 1-3 by AP and UPI. Played a great game against Oklahoma and lost in a snowstorm to Colorado. Number two offense in the nation and top 10 defense. went 8-3 with no Bowl invatation.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Exactly. Only one team is getting talked about winning the conference in this thread and it's absurd.

It's the premise that the B12 isn't very good overall so being good should get someone a legit shot.

Problem is ISU is still probably a middle of the pack type of team.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Seriously, i know we have to promote Brock to attract good players, but Coach IS telling him when he sucks, right?

Thank God we have Breece. Without him, disaster.
After reading so many posts like this, I wish I had the time to correlate members’ post histories between “TCU has a great defense!” fear comments last week and the “Brock was horrible against TCU!” posts since Saturday.

I have a feeling there would be at least a mite bit of coincidence there.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have to wonder if it will ever happen. We have our best team ever and the Big XII looks to be ripe for the picking since everyone except Texas is way down. Just have to wonder if this isn't OUR TIME, when will it ever be our time.
Just to go back to this post...

This year we had a loaded defense, plus Brock and Breece (and the tight ends) back, so it looked good.

However, the offensive line and the wide receivers were both very green, despite having a relatively core to build around. COVID-19 and no Spring practice hurt.

Next season, the only major losses will be at safety and tight end—and both of those are going to be much easier to replenish than the still-developing offensive line has been this year.

‘21 will be a loaded team, all across the board.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Take 35-40 guys off Matt's roster and see how up your team is because that's what Klieman had to face playing Arkansas State. He should never have played that game.
This might be true, but how many starters?

ASU was missing something like 10 STARTERS (among others missing I am sure).

Unreal.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This might be true, but how many starters?

ASU was missing something like 10 STARTERS (among others missing I am sure).

Unreal.
Here are 3 of the 35-40 who didn't play v. Arkansas State.

Josh Youngblood, All-American returner
Jahron McPherson, Walter Camp and Bronko Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week v OU.
Khalid Duke, 9 tackles v. OU

• Informative
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
From a talent standpoint, yeah this team is one of the best in school history. That doesn't always equal success though. Given the history of Iowa State football, we never know what to expect. We could have a ton of talent and still have a bad season. Last year was a good example of that. Well, it wasn't a bad season I guess, but 7-6 was not what any of us expected.

Help Support Us

Become a patron