If Mizzou crawls back...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

If you ran the Big 12 and Mizzou wanted back in, would you tell them:

• No way...GTFO.

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • Yes, let's hug it out, b!tch! Now sign the rights deal.

Votes: 114 83.8%

• Total voters

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
Hypothetical situation...if Mizzou, well, pulls a "Mizzou" and somehow manages NOT to go to the SEC, they'll probably still want to stay in the Big 12. If you ran the conference, would you tell them:

1) No way, GTFO.:mad:

2) Yes...let's hug it out, b!tch! Now sign the rights deal. :yes:

(sorry if this doesn't post as a poll...it's late and I have no idea what I'm doing!)

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
I really want the MIZZ to be back but don't flatter yourself.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
It would be foolish to tell mizzu off.

There is too much history, and rivalry between Iowa State and the tigers.

They will have to sign all of the necessary agreements, and then we need to stablize the conference for the long haul.

I don't blame mizzu at all for examining what their options. But leaving for the sec is completely illogical. You don't fit culturally, geographically, academically, etc in that conference. aggy doesn't either, but they are pretty insecure about themselves.

I just don't understand the desire to diminish all that has been built by Pinkel for the sake of sticking it (or emptying your bowels) to UT.

BuzzBuzzBuzz

Dec 1, 2007
AMES
The problem I have is Mizzou will ALWAYS be looking for the better deal for themselves. Much like a pathological cheater in a relationship - they'll never be committed to the Big XII.

That's why they've gotta move on...

Skipple

Jul 6, 2010
Has Missouri left yet? No. For all we know they're doing the same thing that Oklahoma did. Yes it causes instability for the time being but it caused the conference to renegotiate TV contracts and ISU to get millions more in revenue.

Once the Pac-12 said no to the Oklahomas it sort of killed any leverage they had. For all we know Mizzou could be pulling the same stunt. It sucks because it makes things look unstable, and for all we know they really might be. Either that or they have a good poker face and are using their leverage to further equalize distribution.

IF Missouri actually leaves, I don't think they'd want to come back. But for now they haven't left, they simply said the same thing Oklahoma did a few weeks back. Let things ride out before you get up in arms, things are bound to work out. And for all we know it might work out FAR better than before.

With Oklahoma pulling the "instability" stunt a few weeks back we benefited greatly. ISU, Baylor, and KSU probably benefited from it more than either of the Oklahomas did. Lets see if this stunt Missouri pulls hurts us before we go on a witch hunt.

mikewdm

Sep 21, 2011
Because of the TV market that Missouri brings to the table I am not quite sure why the Big 10 is not interested in them. I feel that the Big 10 is a much better fit.

It is too bad that Iowa State does not have a larger viewing audience to bring to the table because it seems like that is the only thing that does not make Iowa State more attractive to an elite conference like the Big 10. If the Big 10 ever did invite Iowa State to join I would hope that would be an easy decision.

This big TV deal that the Big 12 is ready to agree on still gives Texas all of the revenue for the Longhorn Network. So Texas still has the advantage in revenue.

If Iowa State were in Missouri's shoes my vote would be to leave also.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
Because of the TV market that Missouri brings to the table I am not quite sure why the Big 10 is not interested in them. I feel that the Big 10 is a much better fit.

It is too bad that Iowa State does not have a larger viewing audience to bring to the table because it seems like that is the only thing that does not make Iowa State more attractive to an elite conference like the Big 10. If the Big 10 ever did invite Iowa State to join I would hope that would be an easy decision.

This big TV deal that the Big 12 is ready to agree on still gives Texas all of the revenue for the Longhorn Network. So Texas still has the advantage in revenue.

The Big Ten wants ND, and doesn't want to gain another school and sit at 13 if ND doesn't want to join. Yeah, we sat at 11 for a while, so we could sit at 13, but it would be tougher to do scheduling with 13. Also, you have to deal with the issue of the odd team when it comes to the B1G Championship game (which I'm sure the B1G is counting on to bring in tons of money). If there was some guarantee ND was coming to the Big Ten, I think you'd see them take Missouri in a heartbeat. I think we'd take Mizzou over the East coast schools, as it would bring TVs and be a better fit. But then again, there is no such thing as logic when it comes to conference expansion.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I am sick of hearing the Big 10 wants ND. Well good for the Big 10 because they will never want you. NEVER according to their insiders. As for the national appeal for Mizzou they just dont bring it for the Big 10. ISU and Mizzou get into the Big 10 as filler teams. Big 10 already has the St Louis market because of Illinios and the KC market because of Nebraska. Mizzou plays 3rd fiddle in the state.

mikewdm

Sep 21, 2011
If the SEC invited Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State they would have a 16 team conference. Then Texas will be forced to either give up their coveted Longhorn Network to join another conference or go independent.

If this does happen we can blame the break up of the Big 12 on the greed of Texas.

For Iowa State's sake I hope the Big 12 survives losing Missouri but not sure that it will.

mikewdm

Sep 21, 2011
I am sick of hearing the Big 10 wants ND. Well good for the Big 10 because they will never want you. NEVER according to their insiders. As for the national appeal for Mizzou they just dont bring it for the Big 10. ISU and Mizzou get into the Big 10 as filler teams. Big 10 already has the St Louis market because of Illinios and the KC market because of Nebraska. Mizzou plays 3rd fiddle in the state.

UNIGuy do you know where the University of Illinois is? I would not say that they already have the St. Louis market when they are in Eastern Illinois.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Mizzou now has a chance to be a big time player in the big xii. They'll never have that in the secsecsec. I think, and hope, (and pray), they stay.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
UNIGuy do you know where the University of Illinois is? I would not say that they already have the St. Louis market when they are in Eastern Illinois.

The fact is st louis is not a college sports town, but it is as much an illini town as a tigers town.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Has Missouri left yet? No. For all we know they're doing the same thing that Oklahoma did. Yes it causes instability for the time being but it caused the conference to renegotiate TV contracts and ISU to get millions more in revenue.

Once the Pac-12 said no to the Oklahomas it sort of killed any leverage they had. For all we know Mizzou could be pulling the same stunt. It sucks because it makes things look unstable, and for all we know they really might be. Either that or they have a good poker face and are using their leverage to further equalize distribution.

IF Missouri actually leaves, I don't think they'd want to come back. But for now they haven't left, they simply said the same thing Oklahoma did a few weeks back. Let things ride out before you get up in arms, things are bound to work out. And for all we know it might work out FAR better than before.

With Oklahoma pulling the "instability" stunt a few weeks back we benefited greatly. ISU, Baylor, and KSU probably benefited from it more than either of the Oklahomas did. Lets see if this stunt Missouri pulls hurts us before we go on a witch hunt.

You are giving the red headed step child way to much credit.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Read their board. I hate them and want to see them leave.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011

You have no idea what youre talking about, ever. The big 10 has neither of those markets you stated. And your rationale for why they allegedly have them is idiotic. Lincoln is 200 miles from KC. And KC is a big XII town through and through. 95% of KC is either a KU, Kstate, or Mizzou fan. Hence the fact the big XII tournament draws so well there. And as for Illinois and St. Louis, uh yea, also nearly 200 miles distance there. STL is a pro sports town and mizzou fans.

Seriously, do u consider davenport to be a suburb of Chicago? Does ISU have the Rochester MN market?

funny-animated-gifs-you-are-so-dumb.gif

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The problem I have is Mizzou will ALWAYS be looking for the better deal for themselves. Much like a pathological cheater in a relationship - they'll never be committed to the Big XII.

That's why they've gotta move on...

Amen Bro Grate post btw....yeah mizzou thought they were a shoe in for the big 10 then nebbie said NO ...We will go instead then good old mizzou....

Well those worthless tigers looked south to the sec...Dont worry boys once these schools get a wandering eye for a prettier girl, it wont be long before they leave the big xii....

Its just a matter of time before mizzou er missouri moves on to a bigger and better conference....

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Texas will always have the advantage in revenue. And they have in the past.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If the SEC invited Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State they would have a 16 team conference. Then Texas will be forced to either give up their coveted Longhorn Network to join another conference or go independent.

If this does happen we can blame the break up of the Big 12 on the greed of Texas.

For Iowa State's sake I hope the Big 12 survives losing Missouri but not sure that it will.

This right here. Quit blaming others for making a rational response to the greed and arrogance of ut. Does it possibly suck for ISU? Yes. But then again, do we really want to continue to be a member in the only conference that allows institutional dominance by one member? Do we? Have we no pride?

It all goes back to ut folks, and it is only going to get worse in the future. We either fix this thing now, while we have a window of opportunity, or we continue to let this thing fester, and the conference is eventually doomed anyhow.

Last edited: