If ISU were to..

If ISU were to win a national championship, what sport would you like it to be in?

• Football

Votes: 102 67.1%
  • Mens Basketball

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • Wrestling

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Win a national championship (only chance is really wrestling, maybe volleyball with the rise of that program), what sport would you like it to be in?

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
The sport that generates the most revenue: football. Men's basketball would be a close second.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I voted football. I like basketball more as a sport, but the football championship would lift the whole university and athletic department in ways that a basketball championship couldn't possibly match.

XLK9

Dec 31, 2009
Ames
mis-read the question - voted for sport most likely to win national championship: 'rassalin!

I would like to see a football championship, but not reality in my lifetime - ISU won't spend that kind of money.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
between basketball and football, basketball is the only sport that provides a true national champion. Football schedules and bowls are not a great indicator of a championship in my opinion. Basketball has a large enough playoff that the winner of the tournament can legitimately say they earned the title.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Went with basketball, as that sport has the most chance of once it's built (and not screwed with) it can be sustained. 2000 we were knocking on the door, and then the situation blew up. Football you may have one good year, but then if it happens your coach will be gone unless you are a USC, etc. and you will be back to a middle-level bowl team firing coachs left and right because they can't match the success of the National Championship.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Women's Gymnastics starts tomorrow night. I would love to see our team win a national championship.

Lots of injuries to veterans, but also lots of good underclassmen.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Why would you not pick Football?

We have already won Wrestling titles and we should have won the Basketball Title with Fizer.

If ISU wins a Football Title, image the $$$ that would pour into the Athletic Dept.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron