If Iowa State was known as [position] U, what would you choose?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Being known for any would be great. QB is obviously the most important position. More realistic and probably next most important would be OL and/or DL. Obviously WR, RB, DB, and LB are more flashy positions, but not bad options to be known for either.

Punter U, followed closely by kicker would probably be the worst positions to be known for lol.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Cheerleader U?

Guys, we’re already Teletubby U

Ahea.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Is the question what we have been known for or what do we want to be known for? If it's want then I'd say OL but if you look at what is in the NFL from ISU I wouldn't necessarily say it's QB or OL. Brock has really exceeded expectations but other than that we have Seneca who has probably been the most successful and Rosenfels. Prior to that you have to go back to like David Archer or George Amundson which are probably before a lot of people on here were born. OL, we've a few guys but nothing compare to Uof I. RB has been good recently with Hall and Montgomery. DL has had a few guys. But I'd say LB has probably been our best position. So I guess in my humble (and sometimes wrong) opinion my vote is LB U.

Ok that Archer comment kind of hurt. ;)

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Wide receiver U. If your WRs look great it is because you have a good OL, a decent QB and probably a serviceable RB at a minimum.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Alright, I'm going to go with OLine U, but... who is known as Oline U? Has to be EIU right? Who else? If being OLine U means playing that style of football, no thank you.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Fetal Position....as in we are all in the fetal postion after giving up 12 yards on another 3rd and 11.

• Agree
Reactions: mkadl

ashmore

Sep 9, 2013
Basically any position would be fine, because we aren’t in the stratosphere of discussion for any of them.

Choice- RB. Get that and a lot of other pieces fall into place

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron