IF Hoiberg were to leave ..

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Well even though I agree with most of the others that have posted here I'll go over the OP list of possible coaches. Well Jeff H. isn't leaving the NBA, and the rest of the coaches mentioned would be a huge step back.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Well even though I agree with most of the others that have posted here I'll go over the OP list of possible coaches. Well Jeff H. isn't leaving the NBA, and the rest of the coaches mentioned would be a huge step back.

Let's be honest, just about everyone is going to be step back after the mayor. Nobody wants to be the guy that takes over after a legend.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Why would Hornacek leave the NBA where he is succeeding to coach ISU for less money when they essentially spurned him for Hoiberg?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Let's be honest, just about everyone is going to be step back after the mayor. Nobody wants to be the guy that takes over after a legend.

true but I think Fred has elevated ISU to a top Tier Basketball school that would be coveted by many good coaches.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why would Hornacek leave the NBA where he is succeeding to coach ISU for less money when they essentially spurned him for Hoiberg?

He probably wouldn't. But that would pretty much be the only name that would even make a person somewhat OK with it.

God help the person that comes in here after Hoiberg. It won't be pretty.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I would wand Fred to promote from within a young and up coming coach who's great with X's and O's and that he's helped groom, and who help Fred put out great teams. I'd trust his judgement.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
He probably wouldn't. But that would pretty much be the only name that would even make a person somewhat OK with it.

God help the person that comes in here after Hoiberg. It won't be pretty.

Agree 100%, I just don't think he would be an option.

And again Fred isn't leaving.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
With that being said I don't think we worry about that for a long long time, if ever.

By the time Fred's ready to leave, this will be a destination school with no reason for him to leave.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I would wand Fred to promote from within a young and up coming coach who's great with X's and O's and that he's helped groom, and who help Fred put out great teams. I'd trust his judgement.

Charlie Henry aka our Kevin Ollie (works under legendary coach to become his successor)?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron