If Godfrey could grow another 2 or 2 inches

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
look out Big 12 as he will all Big 12 in a few years....

Still might be undersize compared to most big men but he sure does give it his all at most times.....

Still at time does a few mistakes but at beginning of the year to now he has really improved his game....

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
He is only a freshman. I think he'll end up being very good, maybe not NBA but he'll be 2nd team all Big 12, maybe 1st team by the time he's a senior!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I think if Godfrey is his listed 6-8, he will be a fine power forward in the Big 12. How tall was Lazar Hayward at Marquette last year? We are getting it done small this year, and I like the looks of this team going forward.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I love Godfrey, he's a great role player and has really bought into his role. But I don't think he's anything other than a great role player going forward. Ejim, White and other future recruits are going to be the stars. Godfrey is a perfect piece to fit in around them.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Godfrey has definitely been a pleasant surprise this year, considering he is probably being asked to do more than he would've been if we had some bodies... like if Ham Quitter was still here... He needs to work on his touch around the basket - his monster dunks are awesome, but his put-backs leave a little to be desired... like going in. Once he gets that cleaned up he will be even better!

sturdi

Mar 8, 2006
I love Godfrey, he's a great role player and has really bought into his role. But I don't think he's anything other than a great role player going forward. Ejim, White and other future recruits are going to be the stars. Godfrey is a perfect piece to fit in around them.

I'm not so sure...remember how many rough edges Homan (sp?) had as a freshman. :yes:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Not sure if he'll add any height, but he'll definitely fill out his frame and become a force in the paint.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not sure if he'll add any height, but he'll definitely fill out his frame and become a force in the paint.

This.

He's going to add weight, and he's going to learn how to use his body better. Rebounding is as much about positioning, strength, and grit as it is about height and ups. Only need to look at the career of Sir Charles for proof. He was barely 6'6 and was a monster on the boards. Not saying Godfrey is the next Round Mound of Rebound, but he has the potential to be a beast.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron