If CMC retired today

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
to pursue his true passion (competitive quilting), who would be on your realistic short list of coaches you'd want replace him?
This is a good question that we all must keep in the back of our melons. Even if we don't want to.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'll say it, I think it's an interesting question and a worthy offseason thread.

Leipold at Buffalo would be my choice. He has a similar pedigree to Campbell and won 7 national championships in 8 years at D3. Turned around Buffalo in 3 years.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Since a weird/bad thread was created I propose the weird hypothetical we discussed after multiple Beers assuming all money is equal would you do Hoiberg for Heacock trade with Nebraska. I know there is a bunch of follow up questions on. Buyouts/replacements but just drink another beer and answer

• Dislike
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I'll say it, I think it's an interesting question and a worthy offseason thread.

Leipold at Buffalo would be my choice. He has a similar pedigree to Campbell and won 7 national championships in 8 years at D3. Turned around Buffalo in 3 years.

With mbball being absolutely dreadful, this is pretty much the offseason...

Thanks for a real response. All I was looking for was a conversation about who people believe are good current/future head coaches not named saban, Kelley, day, or dabo.

I guess if you joke about cmc's career goals everyone on here gets a super chafey front wedgie.

With mbball being absolutely dreadful, this feels like the offseason...

Thanks for a real response. All I was looking for was a conversation about who people believe are good current/future head coaches not named saban, Kelley, meyer, day, or dabo

I guess if you joke about cmc's career goals everyone on here gets an instant front wedgie.

For the record. I think he's here for the long haul. Just like he said he was.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Do not see Fergie leaving the Peas of Black Eyed to coach the Cyclones.

No hard-proof, but I have heard Jesus is trying to get out of his dad's shadow, so I wouldn't say this is out of the realm of possibilities.

Fergie left the Peas in 2017, so she is definitely available for a job in Ames.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Or, maybe she could be guest-picker the next time GameDay comes.

I'm a fan, so I would watch anything she does. Some people don't like her face, but some people don't like ice cream, so you can throw some people's opinions in the garbage.

Big Girls Don't Cry was a banger.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron