Idaho killings

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Probably tremendous shock. Brain can literally dissociate in intense trauma. Rationally, we all believe we'd act differently in these types of situations - and some of us may, particularly if we have any type of training in that space. 19yr old late at night, possibly intoxicated? Not as much of a stretch.

Or it wasn't unusually to run into people they didn't know in the house in the middle of the night and though nothing of it.

"I thought I heard crying but when I saw a guy walking out, I figured my roommate hooked up and what I heard wasn't crying."

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I hope they are holding back some details about the roommate, because that seems like the craziest part in all of this now. I get probably being under the influence, and sheer panic, but to hear crying and thuds and dogs barking and seeing an unknown guy in your house wearing a mask and to do nothing for 8 hours?

It does seem weird. Although I could see just waking up and not being sure whether it was a nightmare or real life. Only after finding out the news the next day could be when the roommate realized they actually witnessed a real-life intruder.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

cy90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 12, 2010
“D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and man figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5' I 0" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows. The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back stding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her room.”

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
No, I'd grab my putter or 1 of the baseball bats from my closet and listen for footsteps.
I’d also probably be in shock and terrified the guy would come back.

Also, trying to put myself into that situation, calling 911 and saying “everyone in my house but me has been murdered” would be really difficult

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Or it wasn't unusually to run into people they didn't know in the house in the middle of the night and though nothing of it.

"I thought I heard crying but when I saw a guy walking out, I figured my roommate hooked up and what I heard wasn't crying."

Exactly. She states she was in shock so I think cognitively she realized **** was off but I suspect once locked back in her room her brain did a whole lot of rationalizing convincing her that it was just a hook up and not you know, a murderer.

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
“D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying and man figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person's mouth and nose walking towards her. D.M. described the figure as 5' I 0" or taller, male, not very muscular, but athletically built with bushy eyebrows. The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back stding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her room.”
Reading this it sounds like that girl is lucky to be alive

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Reading this it sounds like that girl is lucky to be alive

I mean, that alone would have me spinning. Maybe it was just a burglar. Because surely if he's a murderer he wouldn't just walk right past and let me be? Must have been a hook up. Must have been a dream. My imagination. Drunker than I thought I was.

Reactions: WooBadger18

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Read the full affadavit and yeah, they've got the right dude. They ID'd him as a suspect by Nov 29th via the car and connected all the dots from there. Seems like law enforcement did a heck of job and of course they got unfairly roasted for not releasing more info.
The affidavit was very detailed. It will be interesting to know why he targeted them. Crime was planned out. Based on phone records he had been in the area as early as Aug.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
The affidavit was very detailed. It will be interesting to know why he targeted them. Crime was planned out. Based on phone records he had been in the area as early as Aug.

There were reports late last week that he was known to be a creep toward female waitstaff at a brewery type place in the area. Theory was he hung out at the place 2 of the girls worked and targeted from there.

• Informative
Reactions: bozclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
There were reports late last week that he was known to be a creep toward female waitstaff at a brewery type place in the area. Theory was he hung out at the place 2 of the girls worked and targeted from there.
That's interesting, I had not heard that.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I thought that was from his Pennsylvania job though

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
That's interesting, I had not heard that.

Search "brewery" to find it down page. Note this is a place in PA where he went to school previously, not Idaho.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That was in Pennsylvania

late to party.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron