I wonder if the coaches pay any attention to this forum

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Also, I'd like to nominate this thread as the most CycloneFanatic.com thread of the entire year. I know it is only January but I'm not sure how this can be topped.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
It seems that plenty of sportswriters read CF, although they rarely mention it by name.

Probably has something to do with the excellent writing and also the site activity. Pretty easy for a sports writer to get a some idea what the fan base is thinking based on a few threads.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
If they had been reading last week they would have learned that Vanguard is a good place to invest their money.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Any coach who reads this or any message board should be immediately fired.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Any coach who reads this or any message board should be immediately fired.

I don't have a problem if they read the threads because I would bet many coaches/ADs find many of them entertaining. The point when they feel the need to post something is the point that they are going too far.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Not only is this thread the most cyclone fanatic thread on CF right now, it has been taken to another level with lyrics from one of the most lyrical wizards of all time.

My hat is off to you gentlemen. Good work.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
If so, DeSean Blair who has an ISU offer is rumored to be looking for a place to play football now that Charlie Strong has left Louisville.

6'4" receiver with a solid offer list out of Jacksonville, Florida. ISU has a couple Jacksonville guys on the roster.

I made a post about looking at Louis Ayeni as our next RB coach and less than a month later Ayeni is our RB coach. Draw your own conclusions.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It seems that plenty of sportswriters read CF, although they rarely mention it by name.

I have noticed more than once, things which were started on CF or talked about show up in Petersen's articles and Chris' articles.

Newell

Aug 6, 2013
This is why I started the thread, something which I guess I shouldn't have done. I saw on another website DeSean Blair was looking for another school after Charlie Strong left Louisville. According to recruiting websites he had a visit to Nebraska scheduled but nothing from ISU.

I figured there were three possibilities...

1 - The coaching staff was well aware of this but don't think Blair has the talent to play at ISU and therefore are no longer interested.

2 - The coaching staff was well aware of this but have heard from Blair he is not interested in visiting ISU because he has zero interest in playing for the Cyclones.

3 - With the recent turnover in the offensive coaching staff and the tragic loss of Curtis Bray who was the lead recruiter on Blair, maybe this bit of information has slipped by the coaches. The seems to be at least a plausible possibility with ISU having approximately 175 outstanding scholarship offers.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited:

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
Of course they do - that was obvious from the Mangino hire. CPR takes orders from us Fanatics but Fred only listens to our suggestions. That's why they get the really big $$.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron