I Want To See Those Whom Said Cook Was Garbage....

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Cook is garbage. Came back and didn't improve on anything he should have.

He’s really limited. But he is good when he can body up on smaller players, which he was able to do tonight.

Too many defensive breakdowns allowed him to hang around the rim all night.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He's a really good college player. Not sure if his limited game will transfer to the NBA very well or not though? That's what people have been saying on here.

Niang is playing in the NBA and he's not even close to as athletic as Cook is. But Niang has REAL basketball skills, not just the ability to dunk like Cook mostly has. Niang can shoot from 3, he has good back to the basket moves, he has great court vision, great passing skills, can handle the ball fairly well, etc. Cook lacks in most of these areas. He's a man amongst boys 5 ft from the basket, no doubt, but not much else there.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He just dunked again.

Sounds about right. That's what he does. It's all he can do though. It works when going up against Michael Jacobson who has short arms and can't jump. It might not work as well going up against 7 footers most nights in the NBA. That's all anyone is saying.

I wish ISU had him, he's great at what he does, but that doesn't mean he's going to make it in the NBA. He might surprise me though.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
He just dunked again.

How many years and the Baylor dunked again is still top of mind. You guys take the NIT too seriously.

Cook is a fine college player, very limited game though and I'm not sure why. Surely he and Fran got feedback that he needs to expand his offensive skill set but it sure doesn't look like they've done anything with it. I don't see the NBA potential until he shows the ability to do that.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
How many years and the Baylor dunked again is still top of mind. You guys take the NIT too seriously.

Cook is a fine college player, very limited game though and I'm not sure why. Surely he and Fran got feedback that he needs to expand his offensive skill set but it sure doesn't look like they've done anything with it. I don't see the NBA potential until he shows the ability to do that.

tenor.gif

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
THT couldn't stop him but he shouldn't have been expected to in the first place. Hardly anybody bodied up on Cook when shots went up. I don't think he's garbage by any means but it was just too easy for him to do what he does best tonight.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
THT couldn't stop him but he shouldn't have been expected to in the first place. Hardly anybody bodied up on Cook when shots went up. I don't think he's garbage by any means but it was just too easy for him to do what he does best tonight.

THT is about 6'4" or 6'5". Not exactly what Cook would be going up against in the NBA.

We probably needed Young worse tonight than Wigginton for that very reason. Young could have been physical with Cook and brought down some rebounds.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
There's no shame in playing basketball for a living in Europe. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice.