I think Jon really likes us.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
Rothstein is fine, but I think he plays fans a bit. Every single day he tweets about a new team or two and how awesome they are. It's better than the opposite, and he does know his stuff, but just take it with a grain of salt because he makes his living pumping sunshine into fanbases.
THIS! Has made me want to bet the house on Iowa like 8 times this week. Makes me unstable.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I'm anticipating my royalty check in the mail. And we need to get it on the video board on Sunday.

I 100% guarantee Rashad would laugh so hard at this and would love it. Someone has to point it out to him or something. As mentioned, too bad that wasn't on the video board. Espn would be all over it and Stumpy would be famous. He would HAVE to commit after seeing it.

But, I realize that's a recruiting violation and Scott Drew would be crying like a baby again.
tumblr_mf4zgpqcsk1rua5zwo1_500.gif

Last edited:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Since you've chosen to interject silly Hawkeye drivel into the thread,

Compare Rothstein's Article to your beloved Des Moines Register's Coverage:

Exhibit A: Hawkeye Apologist-in-chief Rick Brown has an article bearing the headline "New Hoops recruits help Iowa's perception and prestige", raving about Iowa's two 3 star (Rivals) recruits and discussing a recruit that Fran the Man failed to land who actually was highly ranked. Hoo boy!!!

Exhibit B: Randy Peterson's article headlined as "Overland Park guard commits". (Who by the way is a more highly rated recruit than either of Iowa's) Peterson goes out of his way to discuss how "The Cyclones haven't landed a recruit like this since Marcus Fizer" (alluding to Rashad Vaugn).

Don't get me wrong--I don't particularly care. I actually prefer Peterson's style to Brown's propaganda, and I don't particularly care what the Register prints. I just think it is interesting to compare and contrast the local hacks with Rothstein.

Rick Brown is the absolute biggest Iowa homer, even more than those clowns on 1460 in the mornings.

I give you my own Exhibit A: today's column on Fran "building prestige" with this recruiting class. Uh, did I miss something? Weren't Uhl and Ellingson 3*'s? I'm a little confused.

column...
Rick Brown: New hoops recruits help McCaffery build prestige of program | Hawk Central

recruits...
Dominique Uhl - Yahoo! Sports

Brady Ellingson - Yahoo! Sports

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
What isn't a recruiting violation anymore. I'm surprised were even allowed to talk about him here.

83cy

May 14, 2006
Don't worry, tomorrow will be one day closer:

[video=youtube;kfVsfOSbJY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0[/video]

Does every girl in that video have a mole on their face, weird.