I rode my bicycle to work today

Jables22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 15, 2007
Anyone else out there crazy enough to ride their bike to work today?:eek:

I can picture you riding down a snow covered road, dressed like the little brother from "A Christmas Story"....... Listening to Queen on headphones ("I like to ride my bicycle")......... ding ding.......

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I have ridden to work on numerous occasions though. It is a great way to start or end the day.

st8phan

Nov 7, 2007
Columbia
I walked!!! It's only about a 0.8 mile walk but I think if I tapped on my legs with a hammer they would've just shattered!! It was cold as ****...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Hey next weekend is the Brrrr Ride from Perry to Ripey. I welcome you to come and take a ride. Only 25 miles and plenty of beer. A cold ride but short one.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Hey next weekend is the Brrrr Ride from Perry to Ripey. I welcome you to come and take a ride. Only 25 miles and plenty of beer. A cold ride but short one.

My bike club met last night for dinner. Let's just say that the idea of BRR next week met with a less than enthusiastic response.

Long term weather looks decent - 28 degrees.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I ride to work regularly during the summer. Its an eleven mile one-way ride and I have a lot of elevation to deal with.

Two winters ago I rode most of the winter. I rode in temperatures as cold as -30 degrees and it is dark when I'm riding. I wear insulated bicycling boots to protect my feet, and have studed bicycle tires.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Good grief dude! Sometimes I think you're just making all this stuff up to impress us. Do you have to outpedal mad bull moose as well?

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

25 miles......thats short. I would probably die if i tried to that right now.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Good grief dude! Sometimes I think you're just making all this stuff up to impress us. Do you have to outpedal mad bull moose as well?

I have limits. I put my bicycle into storage for this winter.

There is a group of bicyclists that pedal no matter how cold it is in Fairbanks. The temperatures there can be 60 below and they have crazies that will still bicycle.

A couple winters ago, I ran into a group that was pedaling all over western Alaska by bicycle. There trip was that much more remarkable considering there are no roads to pedal on.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I have limits. I put my bicycle into storage for this winter.

There is a group of bicyclists that pedal no matter how cold it is in Fairbanks. The temperatures there can be 60 below and they have crazies that will still bicycle.

A couple winters ago, I ran into a group that was pedaling all over western Alaska by bicycle. There trip was that much more remarkable considering there are no roads to pedal on.

Good god man. Ever run into one of these?

20060805wampa.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron