I need photoshop help

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I'm having a billiard light custom made. I'll be getting the light below, with IOWA STATE on one side, and CYCLONES on the other. I was hoping someone here could show me what this light below would look like with the new I-State logo in place of the old logo.

I'd also be curious on if I should get the cyclones lettering in gold, or red. I can't picture what the different color letting would like like with the new logo. Can anyone help?

collegiate_isu.jpg

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Wow, thanks for the quick response. I can't decide on if I like it better or not. Is it hard to straighten the logo out, so it doesn't curve with the banner letters?

Also, I'm not sure if I'd like the other side that would say Iowa State State. Thoughts from others on the board?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Here is the I-State logo straightened out, and I threw one in on the other end, had to make it smaller for to fit and for the correct perspective. Also - you can tell the colors don't match - I didn't bother to sync 'em up between your image and my I-State logo image.

IMO, you couldn't go wrong with Cy on one end and I-State on the other.

If you're going with the background them pictured - my suggestion would be to keep gold letters. If the background is gold, do the letters in cardinal.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And heck, you're having this thing custom made - I'm not sure what your limitations are...

But "watermarking" Jack Trice below the banner on the long sides and Hilton on the short sides could look pretty sweet.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I tried to get walking Cy, but they wouldn't do it. I don't know if its a trademark issue or what, but for some reason they said they could do the chicken in a blender logo, or I-State.

If I could get the retro Cy, the decision would be much easier for me.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
And heck, you're having this thing custom made - I'm not sure what your limitations are...

But "watermarking" Jack Trice below the banner on the long sides and Hilton on the short sides could look pretty sweet.

Those are sweet ideas. However, my customization limitations are Wording on each side, crystal colors, lettering color, wood and stain, logo, and lead color (pewter or gold).

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
You could throw the new "I-State" logo on the side that says Cyclones, and old school Cy (running Cy) on the side that says "Iowa State" so you avoid the "Iowa State State"

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
You could throw the new "I-State" logo on the side that says Cyclones, and old school Cy (running Cy) on the side that says "Iowa State" so you avoid the "Iowa State State"

Ding, ding, ding. I think we have a winner! My thoughts exactly. It's worth going to the mat for in my opinion.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron