I need a NBA team

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I would say that it is trending the exact opposite way. It seems that every team is getting that "go-to" scorer and playing 1 on 1 street ball.

Did you watch any of the Finals? San Antonio is about as opposite "street ball" as you can get. Miami's offense is crazy efficient if you look at their shot charts. Denver was the league darling last year and the closest you could point to as a "go-to-guy" on that offense was Iguodala, who isn't particularly known as a scorer.

It will always be in an NBA teams best interest to have a main star or two and then find role players that fit around them, but I think the days of an Allen Iverson going one-on-one every possession while the rest of the team just clears out for him are gone. Do you think Hoiberg's teams are all about street ball? His offensive coaching philosophy is very much in line with what's in style with the NBA right now.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
I've been a Suns fan longer than most people on here, and I'm tellin' ya, now is the time to git on the bandwagon!!
We've got an ISU all-american and ex-Sun as the new head coach, and the future looks bright. Be the first on your block to get in on the Suns' fun!!

GO PHEONIX SUNS !!!!

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Kyrie Irving will never win anything (just like Durant, unless Westbrook goes complete beast mode), just a horrible defender.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I've been a Suns fan longer than most people on here, and I'm tellin' ya, now is the time to git on the bandwagon!!
We've got an ISU all-american and ex-Sun as the new head coach, and the future looks bright. Be the first on your block to get in on the Suns' fun!!

Say what?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Kyrie Irving will never win anything (just like Durant, unless Westbrook goes complete beast mode), just a horrible defender.

That's an unfair comparison for Durant, he is a much, much better defender than Irving.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Pick the Cavs, seriously. Buy low on them and watch them become a legit contender. You won't have to feel like a dirty bandwagoner.

The have Kyrie at PG, a legit superstar.
Dion Waiters at SG, promising young scorer.
Not sure what they are doing at SF, maybe the rookie 1st rounder Karasev?
But then they have top 5 pick Tristan Thompson and #1 pick Anthony Bennett at PF, tons of potential.
At C you have Andrew Bynum who is a top 5 center in the league when you get him to actually play and you have Anderson Varejao who may be one of the NBAs most under rated players.

Off the bench you have Jarrett Jack, Tyler Zeller, Alonzo Gee, and two of the guys I listed above at PF and C.

Not to mention they have 5 (!) first round draft picks in the next 2 years and 4 second rounders.
Trade bait for LeBron James in a year.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Im a Lakers fan fromthe Vlade VanExel E Jones C Ceballos era so no bandwagon fan here. I was actually very very upset when we traded the hornets and got Kobe. But dont pick the Lakers. Were horrible.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
you **** it. you guys are right. I dont really care about the NBA. Mods feel free to delete thread.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Who was questioning Thibodeau when he got hired? He was one of the most respected and well known assistants in the game who was the associate head coach of a team who had just played in two finals in three years.

Agreed. Thibs was an assistant coach that everyone wanted. Thibs' defensive schemes were THE reason the Celtics won the title in 2008.

Help Support Us

Become a patron